Did my actions at the end of the night put him off?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:11 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

finnlay1979
    Participant
    October 9, 2017 at 11:50 am #151955

Had my third date on sat. The guy has shown lots of interest during dates been keen to be in contact asked when he could see me again etc but after two dates not even a hug. Saturday night we got on great, (we both had a lot to drink) and towards the end of the night I said to him ‘right I’m going to do something now’ and I leaned in to kiss him … he recoiled which left me feeling very awkward – he then said sorry I’ve ruined the moment now haven’t I?! I asked him what was wrong and why he didn’t want to kiss me and if he didn’t fancy me… he said h did fancy me to which I replied ‘if you want to just be friends then that’s fine’ and he said that it felt like an ultimatum. Anyway after this conversation he kissed me but I was still feeling very awkward and he wanted to go get another drink together and I said ‘no it’s 2.15am let’s go home’ he kept asking me if I was alright – he ordered an uber for us and took me home, we kissed but he hasn’t contacted me since.. did I blow it?

9arijuk
    9arijuk
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 9:34 am #152050

maybe he is on a rebound from a failed relationship. that’s why he isn’t ready to show affection and needs to be drunk to go any further. Don’t take it personally….obviously this guy is hung up about something. just move on and enjoy your life.