Did my email make her feel threatened?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Confused_too_Long
    Participant
    December 2, 2014 at 10:10 pm #68576

I have been attending a community college and I thought that I was reading all the signs that my female instructor was into me. I have sent her 3 emails, to her school provided email, to get across how I feel about her. The first one was just a simple “hello”. I asked if this was inappropriate. She replied that it was. I waited a couple weeks, and sent a 2nd email. I said to her, “How about we keep in touch on a personal level once class ended for the semester.” She responded that she was happily involved with someone. So I waited a couple more weeks and sent a third. This time I let her know when it was that I first saw here around the school. It had been several months before this most recent class. I described to her how I remembered her from that day. Then I described what I took notice of her, again from this most recent class. I was by no means using any sexual comments. It was all friendly, non threatening comments. Was this wrong of me. Did I seem a threat to her?

Confused_too_Long
    Participant
    December 8, 2014 at 9:04 am #68827

Help.

Confusedyoungman
    Participant
    December 16, 2014 at 6:25 pm #69316

Watch your step! Be careful that she doesn’t accuse you of stalking or harassment.

December 17, 2014 at 5:36 am #69328

She’s taken, and a teacher. Tread lightly. Don’t send any more emails and next semester you have the chance to talk to her take it.