DATING ADVICE FORUM

Did this run its course?

Author
    Comments

• cheerchix
    Participant
    April 23, 2017 at 9:47 am #134096
    Did this run its course?

Hi all, Met a guy on OKC about a month ago, we had a nice first date and have been seeing eachother casually once a week for about 4 weeks now. We both have kids and jobs to juggle so we are busy. Our last date was last Friday (over a week ago), we went to a bunch of different restaurants and ended up at my place watching a movie and he spent the night. It was a splendid time and he said he had a lot of fun! Since our sleepover Friday, our weekly date schedule was a bit thrown off and I’m traveling for work on our normal date night again. Communication since our last date has been a bit spotty and I’m starting to over Analyze. He left my place Saturday morning, he randomly texted me on a Tuesday a line from the movie we watched on our last date. we texted back and forth and he asked if I was out of town on Monday (our normal day we see eachother) I replied that I was back late Tuesday night. This was 4 days ago now with no return text, I’m slightly annoyed. Should I reach out?

jj91
    Participant
    April 23, 2017 at 9:57 am #134097

I would say instead of over analyzing, just reach out.
    There are so many things we can come up with that he didn’t respond, but the easiest thing would be is to reach out. Good luck 🙂

cheerchix
    Participant
    April 23, 2017 at 10:13 am #134098

You are probably right, I’m a bit stubborn so as much as I want to hold off and see what his next move is i don’t like waiting. Thing is I know he’s been online and he just hasnt responded. Last text wasn’t much of a open ended question, it was just me stating when I was back in town again. Given that we don’t really do text overkilll unless there is a reason to make plans for the next outing, this is not out of the ordinary. It’s a good sign that he asked about Monday right? I’m just scared he’s lost interest : (

jj91
    Participant
    April 23, 2017 at 10:26 am #134099

I’m exactly the same way!! I have a guy right now that I’ve been seeing for about a month and just last week I thought it was done because he didn’t text me. But I sent him a text with a question and sure enough he responds. Men are very different with texting and I feel like since your text wasn’t a question he didn’t feel like he needed to respond. Take initiative and text him, there are no rules to dating just go with your feeling.

al0324
    Participant
    April 23, 2017 at 11:01 pm #134113

Text him!

lalaland
    Participant
    April 26, 2017 at 1:54 am #134409

4 days is a long time to go without contact, i would not contact him and see what his next move is

Kosm
    Participant
    April 26, 2017 at 4:21 pm #134500

I would reach out, honestly. Yes 4 days is awhile but he could be waiting to hear from you. Doesn’t sound like you’ve been clingy.

cheerchix
    Participant
    April 28, 2017 at 9:21 am #134716

So I took your advice and texted him on Sunday, I was pretty forward and said something like I know our schedules have not been aligned but that I would like to see you again, and that if the feeling was mutual we should make plans. He responded back within the hour and we saw each yesterday and we made plans for Monday. One thing I realized last night however is that this likely nothing more than a fling. It’ll be fun while it lasts, but I’m not putting pressure anymore on where things are headed. Something’s are just meant for a short time and that’s ok, have fun with it while it’s still fun.

Cheers

cheerchix
    Participant
    April 28, 2017 at 9:21 am #134715

I reached out and was pretty direct. II basically said our schedules have been a bit off but I would like to see you again, if The feeling is mutual let’s make plans. He responded within an hours we saw each other yesterday and have plans for Monday. One thing I did realize last night however is that this is likely nothing more than a fling. It’ll be fun while it lasts, but if feel better not wondering/guessing where things are going.

Cheers everyone!

BrandonCodi
    Participant
    May 15, 2017 at 9:00 am #136386
    Reply To: Did this run its course?

Do you guys have anything in common and interests or anything you guys could do together that he could not do with another random girl? If you like this guy try and come across as unique in some way to make him realize you are not like the others.

I always plan my dates and have activity’s ready so its not just Netflix and chill, if you can keep the person laughing and having fun they are going to associate you with having fun, this makes the suggestion to date a lot easier and more playful if it gets that far.

anonymous1318
    Participant
    May 15, 2017 at 1:58 pm #136458

Sounds like he’s into you, guys usually won’t make plans and follow through if they don’t want to. best of luck hope it works out.

caraconcerta
    Participant
    May 23, 2017 at 9:19 pm #137442

Reach out. Don’t play the texting game, everyone loses.