DATING ADVICE FORUM

Difficulty Starting Relationship

Author
    Comments

• Felix12
    Participant
    October 19, 2016 at 5:14 pm #114688
    Difficulty Starting Relationship

There is a girl that I have been interested in for a long time. We have never really talked much but she seems like a lot of fun, and she isn’t bad to look at either. My problem is that I seem to be caught in an awkward middle-zone where I’m having trouble figuring out how to proceed.

I don’t know her well enough to ask her out based on a pre-built relationship the two of us have. We’ve talked a few times, but never much. At the same time, we’ve been in each others’ vicinities for almost three years now without anything ever happening, so I can’t really take the “introduction and ask out” approach.

I’ve been thinking about this for a while now and I just don’t see the opportunity to make it happen, but I’d really like it to. I know some will say “just go for it” which I am willing to do, but it does come off pretty weird from someone that’s been nearby for a while but never approached you before. I’d love to go for a more tactful strategy. Any advice is appreciated!

BabyMonster
    Participant
    October 21, 2016 at 1:47 pm #114903

Start surrounding yourself near her. Then one day out of the blue, you just have to talk to her. You just have to. There’s no other way. When you speak to her you can mention you see her around and always wanted to talk to her. Play it cool and natural, like you don’t have any interior motive except actually get to know her. From there, if you get good signals back, you can escalate it from there.

Zate
    Zate
    Participant
    October 21, 2016 at 10:50 pm #114960

Hey man I think you’re over thinking it to be honest. I’d say you have 2 options to get anywhere:

1) Find an opportunity to talk to her and maybe find shared interests.
    2) Just ask her to go to lunch or coffee or something casual etc..

BillMurray
    Participant
    October 22, 2016 at 7:09 am #114961

Agree with two users above, it’s been three years man. You have to start talking to her more, get her on social media and really start working to asking her out, find something in common.

But if three years have gone and she has never made a move on you, then I’m not sure. But you may as well go for it.

billyg
    Participant
    October 22, 2016 at 9:07 pm #114967

I agree with the users above..You have to put yourself in her orbit a bit more so she at least notices you more often. I dont know your circumstances, If this is someone in school with you or just a neighborhood girl…It depends on the situation….If its someone from school just walk up to her and ask her how she is, How are her classes yadda yadda…Let her know you exist..If she is a girl from your area, Find out where she hangs out at stop in and say hello but dont make it look like your stalker by making it look like your there just for her. Go with friends…Either way she will become more familiar with you which wont make it “as weird” and maybe a bit more comfortable to walk up to her and ask her if she would like to go to (fill in the blank) sometime..