Disability and dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Disability and dating

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 11:39 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

FrustratedGuy
    Participant
    August 16, 2017 at 9:55 am #145663
    Disability and dating

Hi. I’m male, 30, short height (5ft 7″) deaf but don’t sign and I have a speech impediment. I have a good job, own place, I bodybuild , groom, look after my self etc. I’m told i’m good looking. Yet I’ve never had a girlfriend in my 20s.

I’m on Tinder, bumble and POF often and I do not have any problems getting dates whatsoever. I’ve been on about 150 first dates in the past 3 years.

What usually happens is, we meet, we have a great time, the girl is laughing at my jokes, shes talking so much to me, she’s touching my arm, flirting with me. We talk for hours at the bar, we kiss. (I’ve had 2 one night stands), we hold hands, we act like a couple. We make plans to meet again.

Then a few days later…”I’m so sorry, I’ve had a great time with you, but I felt there was no spark” “Sorry but there was no chemistry” “sorry but let’s be friends”.

It’s making me very depressed. I keep being told I’m a good guy, I’m so funny, I’m good looking, yet none of my first dates lead

FrustratedGuy
    Participant
    August 16, 2017 at 10:25 am #145665

to a second date.

I make sure I act like a gentleman. I always ask the woman sincere questions.
    I don’t swear.
    I don’t get too drunk.
    I dress fashionably.
    I wear cologne.
    I’ve had my teeth whitened.
    I act confident.
    I don’t talk about bad dates or depressing things.

No matter how well the first date goes…even when we are holding hands, kissing, making plans to meet again for second date.

I get a text the next day “no spark” “you’re a great guy, you will make some girl happy one day” “no chemistry”

I just can’t help but feel that my disability and/or short height is putting them off.

I’m at a total loss!

Anonymous
    August 16, 2017 at 3:05 pm #145757

Yeah I completely understand your problem my friend. Listen if she says you are a nice guy then its not good. You have to inculcate alpha behaviour and become a real man. If you want you can go to my website (located in my profile) and try my free product. But, you definitely need a mental shift. Once, you do it, you will begin to have a real connection with beautiful women and they will never want to leave you. Also, one thing you can do right now is to stop being pushy. Maybe you always call them multiple times after you date them. A trick is to phone them after one day but if she does not answer don’t call her again. She will call you again. Right now your mindset is that of a chaser. You need to stop that. It does not matter if you have a disability. You are a MAN so behave like one and be the one being chased!!

FrustratedGuy
    Participant
    August 16, 2017 at 4:10 pm #145791

Thanks for your message but I don’t think you’ve read what I’ve said above.

She’s never said I’m nice and I don’t chase them. Due to my hearing loss I cannot hear the phone..so I don’t call them.

In fact they are the first one to text me the next day or so that there was no spark…or their texts become less enthusiastic.