Distance/Closure

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Distance/Closure

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:27 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

yodeman18
    Participant
    July 30, 2017 at 10:28 am #143597
    Distance/Closure

So I just finished up college and developed an interest with a classmate while we were wrapping the semester up. We became friends and every now and then she would say something flirty to me. She’s generally not really a flirty person, so her saying stuff like this seemed like a genuine hint of interest. We left school and went our separate ways, but we were still within driving distance of each other. We stayed in touch and would text each other a decent amount. I called her a couple of times and asked her if I could take her out when I was in her city. Both times she was receptive and open to getting together, but she had other commitments. I then had to take a job and move further away. I’ve been wondering if I should ask her if we had been on the same page and if she was interested in me; or would I just be unnecessarily making things weird and risking our friendship? Obviously the distance thing rarely works, but just feel like I need a little closure with the whole thing.

Void
    Participant
    July 31, 2017 at 9:49 am #143603

I don’t think it would do much harm in asking, considering you live quite far away now you might not know as well in a few months anyway, I would let her know how you felt and ask her if she felt the same.