Divorced and Dating Again

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

donovan909
    Participant
    October 4, 2014 at 3:02 pm #65305

PT (1) I need some advice/help, I feel like I am in damage control mode, if that is even possible. Short story. I do pest control for this elderly couple. I was treating their house and emailed them their bill. I get an email back that their daughter was over there and thought I was cute. I had seen her in passing and was game so I called got her number and called her up. It was one of those situations that only happens occasionally, where we were both firing on all cylinders and actually talked all week long before our date on Friday. I got to her house and really didn’t remember exactly what she looked like. She was beyond hot. A million miles from the women I typically approach if I’m flirting.

I was a ball of nerves all night long with this woman. We have a ton in common, she was attracted to me, she already knew I wasn’t uber-wealthy and still wanted to go out, yet I was still nervous? We had a great time, I maintained eye contact, and we had a nice dinner

donovan909
    Participant
    October 4, 2014 at 3:03 pm #65306

PT (2) played pool for a few hours. I get her back home, walk her to the door, and fail. Because she has a child, because it is our first date, because we both are coming off of divorces, I just assumed a nice hug and planning on another date. Well, I give her a hug, and she kisses me on the neck. I end up giving her a ‘gentlemanly’ kiss and wish her goodnight. I could have kissed her for 10 minutes before she walked in that door….and I think that was what she wanted.

I know I probably sound like a 15 year old kid, but I just really wanted to see what my next move is. I know that I came off weak and cowardly after a really great date. I did text her and reminded her what I nice evening I had. Of course, no text back. Which, I let her down at literally the end of our date so if she blows me off, it is no doubt my fault. Is there anything I can do at this point to keep her attention ( get a 2nd date and get GIVE her that kiss…) We are both in our 30’s.

99minderchris
    Participant
    October 7, 2014 at 7:38 pm #65459

Sometimes it helps to just take a deep breath. It can really help calm your nerves. You will get this!