Do bots seem smarter lately to anyone else?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 2:46 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    January 7, 2017 at 11:27 pm #122145

It used to be, just a few months ago, that I could spot a scammer or a bot on tinder basically right away. But lately it seems like their spelling has gotten better, the pictures more consistent, and their messages more unique. I don’t know if there was actually someone on the other side of my last conversation, or if my messages were just that predictable, but for an hour and a half the messages they sent me back actually made sense in context to what I was saying, even when I tried to change subjects. Then they asked to do cam, and when I showed hesitancy they moved on, which seemed like a good sign. But then they asked me my size, and then immediately after changed the subject to anal sex, and it was then that I realized that no girl that hot (the pictures were smoking hot) would be that forward with me. This was confirmed when they followed up by asking me to sign up for a safety verification code scam, and when I questioned it they unmatched me. I feel like a fool for engaging.

Treez64
    Participant
    March 3, 2017 at 11:16 am #128975

I’ve knowingly had a ‘relationship’ with a bot.
    ‘He’ said all the right things, was romantic, clever and funny; unlike everyone else from that site lol.

barvazyarok
    Participant
    March 17, 2017 at 8:23 am #130376

Yes, sometimes they do. It’s rather scary. But I would agree and say go with your common sense. If anything seems weird, it most likely is.

Brad5150
    Brad5150
    Participant
    March 26, 2017 at 1:17 am #131179

Lately yes. That’s the main reason I don’t use a lot random date apps. Soo many bots

moran64
    Participant
    March 26, 2017 at 7:56 pm #131198

Seems To be a bit. Scary.