Do girls like withdrawn guys?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

headlights
    Participant
    October 11, 2014 at 1:54 am #65701

I’ve always been withdrawn, quiet, and unsociable. I was weirder when I was younger; I hated, HATED smiling in photos, and I had trouble raising my voice to audible levels.

Nowadays, I prefer to shut my mouth whenever I can. I only talk when I have to, and when I do talk I’m rather monotone. I would be speaking in the same tone of voice when I’m angry, when I’m happy, or when there’s a missile coming for me and my friends.

But, after reading some dating advice on other sites, I noticed that girls like “mysterious” guys.

Therefore, would you say girls would like my personality?

AlexHg657
    Participant
    October 11, 2014 at 2:12 am #65703

Mystery can cause a woman to be curious, which will then prompt them to want to learn about and possibly approach you in some way. The tricky part to that is that you have to gain their attention and at the same time convey that mystery about yourself. I have done this a few times, inadvertently so I don’t have any advice on how to do it.

CoolCat771
    CoolCat771
    Participant
    October 13, 2014 at 8:54 am #65751

It’s true, but if you’re interested you have to show SOME level of interest, or else the girl you like might think you’re not interested in her.

Dulu
    Dulu
    Participant
    October 13, 2014 at 9:33 am #65710

From personal experience, I’d say most women like the assertive, dominant alpha male type primarily.

If they had a choice, it’s going to be that tall, loud, “boss” archetype.

Clem23
    Participant
    October 13, 2014 at 1:39 pm #65786

It’s true you could appear “mysterious” to certain girls,but that’s only what triggers (sometimes, not always) attraction: if you remain enigmatic and silent all the time, girls will feel like they can never know what you think, what kind of person you are. Your shyness shouldn’t hide your personality on long term, cause that for sure would be a huge turn off. So,practice ! Learn how to express your thoughts without being afraid of what people think (no girl wants to be with someone who is always afraid to speak up) and to allow emotions to come out sometimes.

Participant
    October 15, 2014 at 1:53 am #65954

I hate to say it, but probably not. Unless you show her that you’re interested, she will probably not be all that curious or inquisitive about you, unless she finds you completely, utterly and irresistibly attractive. Since that’s only about 0.001% of all men, you’ll need to get in the game with the rest of the guys, find the girl you like and show interest in her. That’s the only way to get her to wonder what you’re like.

Black.lion
    Participant
    October 15, 2014 at 5:01 am #65966

Its hard to say my friend women are just confusing like that. but from experience i can say women love confidence. They like to know the man is interested and so they do the usual “Playing Coy” act.

Black.lion
    Participant
    October 15, 2014 at 5:03 am #65967

But You Mysterious factor will play a big part when you engage the woman. Makes them more curious.

Metacheome
    Participant
    October 15, 2014 at 5:34 pm #66000

It’s quite possible that someone might be INTERESTED in you. But if you’re interested in someone, you’ll definitely have to learn to speak up. It’s very unlikely that you’ll just have girls flocking to you if you don’t say/do anything. You shouldn’t necessarily be afraid of talking ever. I don’t know if it’s your nature, or if you’re worried that the things you say will come off as “weird” but you should honestly just put in that extra ounce of effort. People will notice, and therefore more people will probably be more interested

Shadowprime
    Shadowprime
    Participant
    October 17, 2014 at 12:59 pm #66111
    Reply To: Do girls like withdrawn guys?

To an extant but some maybe scared o a guy too withdrawn mainly because they dont know what they want and or what they will do