Do guys ever come around?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:27 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

amypaige
    Participant
    June 16, 2015 at 2:29 pm #81113

I used to date a guy that I thought was the one until one day he broke up with me out of the blue & only said he was afraid that down the line we would come apart because we didn’t have everything in common. He stayed single for a few months after that & then got with a girl that he used to talk to. They eventually broke up and since then, I see him basically once a month out with mutual friends. He has told me recently that he was scared and not ready for the relationship we had because he had never seen a successful relationship but told his friends that our relationship was “it for him”. Well a year later, I can’t quit thinking about him. I know he is struggling between whats best for both of us. When we see each other he is always so protective of me & has wonderful manners & everything is just like it was before we broke up. I see love in his eyes but I know he has been deeply hurt. I seriously miss him & would love to get back with him but do guys like this ever come around?

catlover
    Participant
    June 16, 2015 at 9:44 pm #81152

Hopefully he will come around. Often it takes time to get past a certain situation/past issues and sometimes it takes the love and patience of others to help this individual. Maybe write him a handwritten note/letter telling him what you love about him, how he is special, etc. (sort of like a dear future husband letter-google this phrase and you get all sorts of examples.). If nothing else be a friend he can always trust and come to. Hopefully this helps. Wishing you the best.