Do guys play mind games?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Do guys play mind games?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Annabanana
    Participant
    December 15, 2016 at 12:44 am #120212
    Do guys play mind games?

So when I met this guy online, I was not ready for a real relationship (and I told him that). We had casual sex 2x and now hes not really responding to my texts….I want a fwb/fb type of relationship with him but ….i have no idea whats up now! Do guys play mind games or did he just lose interest? We are in our 30s!

Alwayshopeful
    Participant
    December 15, 2016 at 12:17 pm #120288

I don’t think he’s playing mind games at all. You told him you didn’t want to serious relationship. You had casual sex. And that was it. You’re really not in a relationship right now.

tmoney1987
    Participant
    December 15, 2016 at 1:09 pm #120304

II dont think he is playing mind game, you should be up front and tell him what you want

Humanist
    Participant
    December 16, 2016 at 10:29 pm #120481

All genders are capable of mind games, absolutely. And not replying to texts is a perfect example. One lesson I’ve learnt again and again – if I want to discuss something with a person, any person, I meet a person face-to-face, or I call them. Not endless texts.

Having said that….if I slept with someone….and if told that person I wanted a relationship of some sort, and that person said they were not interested, but then got in contact with me at a later stage, saying something like:

“Ok, now I’m prepared to give things a try.” (or similar)

My response would be a resounding: “Go away.”

Ankat
    Participant
    December 18, 2016 at 8:58 pm #120507

Not rrsponding = not interested. Move on.

dshw15
    Participant
    December 19, 2016 at 12:49 am #120511

does depend on the guy but personally I like to be straight forward with my feelings, I’d give him a call to sort it out. As long as you don’t accuse him right off the bat, just calling as if you’re continuing your approach. Then you can make a judgement call after talking to see if he’s actually interested or just wants to “use your services”.

AcesDJD
    Participant
    December 20, 2016 at 1:26 am #120667

In baseball it’s three strikes you’re out, but in dating I’d say two is generally enough. So go ahead and message one more time with something open ended that should deserve a response, but if you don’t hear back in a day or two you can go ahead and delete his number. Probably even one message is enough, but at times I sometimes realize that I’ve sent a message that doesn’t really require a response so I messaged on more time with something more interactive.

DatingLife27
    Participant
    December 20, 2016 at 2:49 pm #120746

I had a situation like this as well, that guy ended up only being a FWB about once a month because I heard from him so little. Pretty sure he just wants to continue playing the field and will hit you up when he feels like it, keeping the ball in his court.

bebedarling
    Participant
    December 22, 2016 at 12:41 am #120919

They sure do. Either leave the ball in his court, or find someone else : )

josephddiazz
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 10:12 am #121217
    Reply To: Do guys play mind games?

Some guys do, but in your case, maybe you should try to tell him that you’re looking for a fab/fb relationship. That could work.

Uly Yassin
    Participant
    January 5, 2017 at 12:28 pm #121868

Tell him what you want

TK186
    TK186
    Participant
    January 5, 2017 at 2:02 pm #121889

Don’t let you flame live on one candle! For me personally when I have sex with a chick twice I’m over it unless the pussy was BOMB or she’s my girlfriend. Possibly he may come back around, but just realize the difference between a genuine gesture vs a booty call. Good Luck

-TK DeVilla

Anonymous
    January 6, 2017 at 7:50 pm #122124

So when I met this guy online, I was not ready for a real relationship (and I told him that). We had casual sex 2x and now hes not really responding to my texts….I want a fwb/fb type of relationship with him but ….i have no idea whats up now! Do guys play mind games or did he just lose interest? We are in our 30s!

You said you didn’t want a relationship, just a causal hook up and sex. He probably didn’t want to worry about a relationship either and just wanted the sex. Now that he has gotten the sex from you he probably has moved onto the next girl to mess around with a couple times and after her he will move onto the next girl, then the next, and the next, etc. That is just what I am assuming. If he is ignoring you and seems to lost interest you hunch is probably right. Men like variety and to mess around with many different women.