Do I assume he isn't interested…online dating advice needed ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

adomynous6891
    Participant
    August 6, 2017 at 5:21 pm #144400

Went on a date with a guy on Friday – went really well. He text me after to say he had an amazing night. The next day we spoke but he was a bit quiet. I made it clear I would like to see him again but this weekend he is busy (I knew he was tied up for a few weeks before we had met) I said I would leave the ball in his court and to let me know when he was free, he said ‘ok babe xx’. Since then he sent me a picture from his day on Sunday but on Mon and Tues I heard nothing. Do I assume he isn’t interested? Wednesday I text him and said hello. He replied and said he was sorry he hadn’t been in touch and that he had had a break in at home and it had been a nightmare. I responded and said I was sorry to hear that and was he ok. No response. It’s now Sunday and I’ve heard nothing (I know he was busy all weekend). The date honestly went so well (dinner, drinks, somehand holding and kissing). I’m so confused and can’t stop thinking about him.

Buffy
    Participant
    August 8, 2017 at 10:08 pm #144702

He kinda sounds like he’s stringing you along. I personally wouldn’t contact him again (you’ve done all the initiating) and if he truly likes you, he will contact you SOON. You don’t want to come off as desperate – if he likes you, he will do anything to be with you (especially in the beginning.)

Infinity
    Infinity
    Participant
    August 8, 2017 at 11:48 pm #144704

He is dating other women. Wait for him to call you.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 9, 2017 at 1:34 pm #144757

you’re jumping way too soon to conclusions. you met him friday.. and come tuesday you’re making conclusiong about your future?
    sorry.. that’s just unreasonable especially IF YOU KNEW GOING IN this is a busy guy!

dial it back. a lot.
    he is a busy guy. he didn’t suddenlly get UN-BUSY because he had a first date with you.

elijah
    Participant
    August 11, 2017 at 7:18 pm #145145

Hello I’m Elijah if anyone wants to hookup with me text me 5175285124.

loveisforever
    Participant
    August 12, 2017 at 9:13 am #145229

If a guy is really into you, he will call. I agree that you should dial back and wait for his call. If he does not call in a week then he is not interested. Moving on will do you good.

CantCY
    Participant
    August 14, 2017 at 10:48 pm #145484

I’ve learned the hard way if he wants you he’ll chase you. Sorry

orlando090
    Participant
    August 25, 2017 at 12:17 am #146928

I think he is not so into you. sorry.

els17
    Participant
    August 25, 2017 at 5:38 am #146930

I dont think there is any rush to get the next date, sometimes Ive waited weeks in between dates as both parties were busy so just be patient and if its the same in a couple of weeks then I would move on. Dont put all your eggs in one basket just yet, if he knows how great you are so he will organise a date soon 🙂

ButterflyHMW
    Participant
    August 27, 2017 at 10:16 pm #147162
    Reply To: Do I assume he isn't interested…online dating advice needed ?

Seems wishy-washy to me

micamarton
    Participant
    August 28, 2017 at 12:32 am #147169
    Reply To: Do I assume he isn't interested…online dating advice needed ?

i think that you should try slow it down a little. you don’t want to seem overly keen and put him off! i know its hard because the date went so well and you obviously really like him. Make it look like you’re busy, not just waiting around for his texts. If he’s really interested, he will get in touch with you! the ball is in his court now.