Do I deserve a second chance?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:02 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

scamp
    Participant
    March 18, 2015 at 2:44 pm #75609

I met my soulmate through our families. We are both in an arranged marriage, however both of us agreed that we wanted to try for love before marriage. From day 1 we have be on the same wavelength and I honestly thought I could never feel this way about anyone. The first 3 months were perfect, but then things started to change between us. He lives a 4 hr flight away and works in a high pressure environment which started to lessen the time we talked. We had our first big fight just before he was supposed to visit me over New Year’s. And it turned out to be the first in a series of fights that has lasted 3 months. During this time I was also switching from my regular meds to a hormonal therapy which threw my emotions all over the place. Every time I get angry and say the exact opposite of what I really want to say. He still kept forgiving me though until yesterday. I have spent the past few weeks trying to make up for things and it was getting better again. But now he doesn’t want to try.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  scamp.

scamp
    Participant
    March 18, 2015 at 2:46 pm #75611

I just want the chance to show him that we were fighting for stupid reasons and that things are changing for the better again. How do I convince him for the chance? And I dont want to do this for our families, I want to do it for us.

annadelrealzamora
    Participant
    March 24, 2015 at 5:24 pm #75942

yes, i belive you do , i mean if he really does love you he will understand and give you a second chance, it was just for your medical condition, its nothing that cannot be fixed

kkat00
    Participant
    March 24, 2015 at 11:57 pm #75967

I think everyone deserves second chances. To fix this, you guys need to get together, sit down and have a long talk about how you feel and the changes that have been going on in each other’s lives. Communicate, but do it at the right time. When both of you are clam and ready to be open minded about the various things you guys are fighting about.

leboss1234
    Participant
    March 25, 2015 at 9:25 am #75979

Of course you deserve a second chance. Both of you need to sit down and talk and figure out if you want to be with each other or are you just wasting your time.

March 27, 2015 at 12:17 am #76184

Of course. You guys just have to talk it all out.

p011yp0ck3t
    Participant
    March 27, 2015 at 3:42 pm #76229

Of course everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves!

Blondey
    Participant
    March 29, 2015 at 8:51 pm #76258

Everyone deserves a second chance, especially when you love them. We are human and all make mistakes and forgiving is hard. Just give him some space, I’m sure he loves you deeply and just needs to calm down tc x

April 9, 2015 at 12:18 pm #76959

Hi Scamp! Sorry you are going through that. I agree it’s hard finding someone that you really connect with. I would recommend on working on yourself. How to do that exactly?

1 -Fix the med situation (either find alternatives that do not impact your emotions as much) or when there’s a heated and emotional situation just retreat back. You can control yourself by leaving the situation and then analyze it with a clear head

2 – He might not want to try because you are no longer the woman he met. Your emotions are all over, he’s constantly getting hurt by the words you tell him (which you don’t mean) and you are constantly fighting. Anyone in this situation would not want to be part of that. Find hobbies or things that bring happiness to your life, figure out why certain things got you angry(and work on them) and you’ll show him you have grown and improved through action and not mere words. Not only that, but you’ll start feeling better and taking control of your life. Best of Luck

curiouscutie
    curiouscutie
    Participant
    May 2, 2015 at 1:16 am #78330
    Reply To: Do I deserve a second chance?

Who knows

Kaley
    Participant
    May 3, 2015 at 7:13 am #78343
    Reply To: Do I deserve a second chance?

If this is the person you truly feel like you are meant to be with, then I think you deserve a second chance. You realize where you went wrong by saying things you shouldn’t and can grow from there.
    Perhaps expressing that you realize this will help show him that you understand and will work on making things better? Good luck with everything.