Do I have a chance?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Do I have a chance?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:14 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

fuzzylogic
    Participant
    December 6, 2016 at 2:13 pm #119260
    Do I have a chance?

Around 4 months ago, I came in contact with an amazing girl through a social network. Since then we have gone on three dates and in contact with each other over email and WhatsApp. The dates went amazing and we ended up hugging each other on more than one occasion. The problem I am facing is, she does not initiate conversation over WhatsApp or email. But whenever I do, she responds in detail. She is graduate student told me she recently broke up with her boyfriend as he was too clingy and jealous. Now the winter vacations are coming and she is going overseas. She mentioned around a month ago that it would be nice if we meet before she goes. Since then she has not brought up this topic. Should I ask her to meet before she goes or wait until she comes back in the new year? How can I move things forward? The only reason I am skeptical is that I always initiate the conversation.

herkamer63
    Participant
    December 9, 2016 at 9:15 am #119540

well men always need to take initiative. that’s what makes us men. I think she’s hoping you make the move and get together one last time before she goes away for awhile. I don’t know that for sure, but give it a try. you’re doing better than me, man. stay at it. and if she can’t make it before she goes, but still wants to get together afterwards, I’d say you’re in the green. if not, I’d say don’t worry about it. this is dating, after all, not marriage. but I’d say you got this.

fuzzylogic
    Participant
    December 12, 2016 at 7:32 am #119722

Thanks for the comments everyone. I did contact her yesterday and asked her if she would like to meet today. She mentioned that her exams just finished and asked me how I am doing. She didn’t answer my question regarding our meeting. Now I either she is playing hard to get and want me to pursue her or she is genuinely busy as she is flying out of the country soon. Any takes?

My plan is to text her in the new year with greetings and see her interest level. If she does not respond, then I will consider it to be over.

OpenMan1997
    Participant
    December 12, 2016 at 9:19 am #119583

^^^^^what that guy said, but i would tread carefully. I wouldnt want to ruin anything if i were you.

josephddiazz
    Participant
    December 12, 2016 at 10:55 am #119766

She made it clear she wants to see before going away for vacation… Just tell her “Hey, I also want to see you before you go! Lets go/do ____ on Saturday/Friday”. Keep in touch over her vacations.

Good luck!

thebigE
    Participant
    December 12, 2016 at 2:57 pm #119815

I agree with the posts above.. Stay in contact with her and when she gets back meet up in person and keep progressing from there. Best of luck!

PaulKrueger23
    Participant
    December 14, 2016 at 6:54 pm #120203

I think you have a shot …. but I’d wait until the new year.

fuzzylogic
    Participant
    December 15, 2016 at 8:53 am #120195

So guys here is how it went. I did bring up the topic that we were supposed to meet and she said sorry that she forgot. Since she was leaving soon I didn’t ask her to meet before going on vacations. However, I asked her if she would like to meet after coming back and she agreed. After that, we exchanged a few texts here and there. Now here’s the thing. It’s going to be the third date and I would like to take it to next level. Any ideas what I can do to make it apparent? I am thinking about giving flowers.

mspeppermintea
    Participant
    December 15, 2016 at 10:39 am #120263

Usually, as a girl, we have a number of guys as “suitors”, but the one that stays in touch and doesn’t give up usually comes up on top. Plus if she gives you detailed answers to texts, thats a good sign! I would keep my texts short if i wasn’t interested if i reply at all