Do I stand a chance with this Girl?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:26 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SMS
    SMS
    Participant
    March 2, 2015 at 5:33 pm #74525

I am not very good with girls so alright, there is this girl in my Uni class. She is from Holland. So I was attracted to her, and I saw her looking at me more than once in one day. I don’t know whether it was deliberate or not. Anyway so I decided to approach her. She was in library when I went up to her introduced myself and asked help in an assignment. First she said that she herself hasn’t started it so she has no idea what to do. Then i asked her if she want to start it with me we can do it together, she replied she busy today than I said we can meet any other day so she replied that she has to pay her tuition fees so she will be working a lot therefor she can’t come. I know her answers were really straight forward, but during all this conversation she was really nice and wasn’t irritated or uncomfortable. Is she like totally not interested in me? or she actually is honest about everything and I could try again?

Sunflower
    Participant
    March 2, 2015 at 8:01 pm #74533

Good question. I think we all struggle with this from time to time. My opinion is that it is too soon to tell is she is interested in you or not. All of her reasons could have been 100% legitimate, or she could have been avoiding the situation. You can’t know. I wouldn’t be too pushy, but when another opportunity arise naturally, you should ask her again. I wouldn’t go out of your way to invite her to do something, but when you get a chance that seems natural, ask her. After that, if she still has lots of excuses, its probably better to leave it alone.

Ender88
    Participant
    March 3, 2015 at 3:33 pm #74585

Act like her not being free was no big deal, give her some space, and check in again with her a few days later, all while acting like it doesn’t matter to you.

TheTodd28
    Participant
    March 4, 2015 at 10:56 am #74643

I’ve found myself in a similar situation lately. In my “experience”, less IS more. Sometimes when you kind of distance yourself from the situation, not that you’ve been overbearing, it may draw her to you. Good luck!!

lindav
    Participant
    March 4, 2015 at 11:29 am #74685

Here is a girl who is both Dutch and in university 🙂 First of all, honestly I don’t really look at guys that I’m not interested in, but she did. I don’t think she was uncomfortable, otherwise you would have noticed it. Did she continously look in different directions as if she was finding her way out? No? Then she at least was comfortable talking to you. I think she just really had legit reasons for not being able to work on it with you. A little secret: when a guy approaches a girl, it leaves a girl to think. It can go like: ”So he came up to me… What does he think of me? Does he like me?” Seriously, this is how a girl’s thoughts develop. It’s exactly how I started to like a guy in my class… The best strategy: leave it for a while. Just smile at her when you catch her looking at you, but leave it. After a week or so, try to walk by her and say: ”hi”. Let her think of you for a while, but make sure you do catch her attention so she will do that.

SMS
    SMS
    Participant
    March 4, 2015 at 5:27 pm #74760

We already have only one common Lecture in a week so for how many weeks should I wait before making next move?

sahm15
    Participant
    March 5, 2015 at 9:44 pm #74874

keep being friendly and open. i have a man friend (I am female) who is like this. i am at an age where it is clear people might not be interested now, but in a few months might be (folks start dating, break up, you suddenly look nice in comparison). Go after other girls in the meantime, or you will drive yourself mad!!!

YoChill420
    YoChill420
    Participant
    March 8, 2015 at 6:49 pm #75017

Honestly in my opinion it sounds as though she’s not interested in you because if she was I feel like she would have jumped at the chance to hang out with you. Don’t worry though I’m horrible at talking to girls as well and as they say there are plenty of fish in the sea.

thedude1234
    Participant
    March 11, 2015 at 5:01 pm #75217
    Reply To: Do I stand a chance with this Girl?

She didn’t sound *not* interested in hanging out. If she was nice and polite at the very least you know that. Give it a try. Better than always wondering what if.

m10031987
    Participant
    March 12, 2015 at 1:59 am #75225

She’s trying to tell you that if you pay her tuition then she’ll have free time to spend with you

RobbyM
    Participant
    March 12, 2015 at 5:32 pm #75270

I think she could be avoiding the situation altogether. This can be made up of many things which includes her having a boyfriend, just getting out of a relationship, currently talking to someone, or she could just not be interested. Just know a women has a sensor when a guy wants to talk to them in that way rather then it be school work. I think you should try at this a few more times and you will get a clearer picture of what she is looking for.