Do I still have a chance?  Am I overthinking the situation?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Do I still have a chance? Am I overthinking the situation?

Author
    Comments

• tomeliot17
    Participant
    November 19, 2016 at 2:21 pm #117897
    Do I still have a chance? Am I overthinking the situation?

Okay this is going to be my last post about this, I’ll try to include everything this time. so there’s a this girl in my grad program who I’ve been falling for over the last two weeks. In the past we’ve gone out to lunch/drinks and to a couple events together, but I think she sees me as a friend or is possibly waiting for me to make a move. Would she ask me to lunch if she weren’t interested? I occasionally find her looking at me, she’s never uncomfortable around me or anybody really, she’s always outgoing and confident. I just can’t make heads or tails of her. I’ve never found someone I have so much in common with and get along with so well. Now every time I work up the courage to ask her out I’m interrupted by someone coming into the room or I just suddenly lose momentum and don’t know what to do. I don’t want to make things awkward.

scholts14
    Participant
    November 20, 2016 at 10:34 am #117928

Ask her, if you don’t you will always think about what would of happened, and it can hinder your relationships later in life. But if you ask her, even if she doesn’t feel the same way, you’ll know and if she likes you back then you can go forward knowing you like each other and if not, then you can start to move on.

nikefan18
    Participant
    November 20, 2016 at 10:44 am #117931

I have been there, it can work out but often they only want to be friends…

theonlyone1996
    Participant
    November 20, 2016 at 10:49 am #117932

I met a girl back in June and I asked if she wanted to meet. At the time she politely rejected me. We then broke off the connection for a month or two but now when I see her, we walk holding hands, she rests her head on my shoulder, and I kind of think she likes me now, so you never know what might happenn in your case!

shaw116
    Participant
    November 21, 2016 at 7:34 am #117967

yes tell her your mind

Ryry84
    Participant
    November 21, 2016 at 2:41 pm #118023

Talk to her. Be confident and direct. It will catch her off guard but break the ice. It might not get he right away but it makes her think.