DO I STILL HAVE A CHANCE OR AM I BEING DESPERATE?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• Sophsxx
    Participant
    November 9, 2016 at 8:54 am #116803

Hey guys,

I met this great guy. We went on 2 dates which went super well. When arranging the third date he was very excited and even said that seeing me the next weekend would not even be soon enough.
    Then I tried to confirm the date for Friday via text. He then: “I´m sorry but I am not available on Friday anymore. And as per your request of being straight forward, I don´t see meeting up again. I hope you have a great weekend” t ask him why he does not want to see me again. So he says “I think I have met someone else over the weekend and I do not want to mess anyone around” (this is quite noble and honest ) But then I just said stuff like I respect your decision but then I did something stupid, I said: “Let me know if things do not work out though ” and he literally said: “I will ;)”
    So now I am in a shitty situation because I still have hope that he and the other girl wont work out. And I made myself look like I am ok with being a plan B. what must I do…. Just move on ? 🙁

Alycooleo
    Alycooleo
    Participant
    November 9, 2016 at 3:31 pm #116858

Honestly, my dear, you should move on. It is 100% OK to mourn this relationship, though it was brief, don’t let anyone make you feel bad for that. I know how it feels to build someone up in your mind as a perfect guy when you hit it off and the emotions are mutual BUT, if they decide you’re no longer right for them, then that’s their loss. You sound like a wonderful person who probably has so much to offer in a relationship, and to someone else, all those things are exactly right for them. So, mourn a little. That’s ok. I know it sucks to not be chosen. But, I promise that a very lucky someone, on a very special someday, will discover that to them, you are their only choice. It’s worth waiting for it. Best of luck!

Chlo
    Participant
    November 10, 2016 at 6:07 pm #117066

You should be open to other relationships and meet other guys and make sure you love him enough because what if he ends up marrying this girl?

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    November 10, 2016 at 8:35 pm #117101

I think you handled it fine, and yes, you should move on. If I were him, I’d be glad to hear that I’m not burning any bridges by going out with the other girl. You may still have a chance, but I want to stress that you shouldn’t think about it. You’re only going to depress yourself if you continue to think about “what could be” with a boy that isn’t on the market and theoretically may never be available again.

yasmin18
    Participant
    November 11, 2016 at 12:39 pm #117118

Hi love.
    MOVE ON AND HAVE RESPECT FOR YOURSELF.
    You deserve better,yes he was really honest but at the same time he was a bit of a jerk.I think that he should at least explain better the situation and he didn’t.If he thinks that a new girl can replace you,that means that he is not THAT interested in your and you should move on and find something better love.
    I hope it helps

Ginyuforcerules
    Participant
    November 11, 2016 at 6:23 pm #117122

Don’t give up

Sophsxx
    Participant
    November 13, 2016 at 10:10 am #117155

Thanks everyone!
    I haven´t contacted him again after I wrote the post in this forum. I decided for myself now to not contact him again for at least a month because I do not want to appear like a crazy one 😉 I might be over him after that period but I probably just will check up on him and see how he is doing and then see if anything or nothing comes from his side.

MadisonV
    MadisonV
    Participant
    November 13, 2016 at 6:04 pm #117160

Move on, love. Simple as that. No need to stick around or hoping for him to be done with this other chick. Don’t settle.

LovelyBones
    LovelyBones
    Participant
    November 15, 2016 at 8:58 am #117282

The fact that he dropped you immediately after meeting someone else doesn’t bode well. I think you’re best to let it go and I wouldn’t contact him again. Let him contact you if he changes his mind. You want to be the girl that the guys tells other girls “sorry” for not the other way around. There’s probably a better fit for you elsewhere but I completely understand how you feel as the same thing happened to me a few months back and it sucks. Good luck!

happygirl1978
    Participant
    November 15, 2016 at 9:09 pm #117412
    Reply To: DO I STILL HAVE A CHANCE OR AM I BEING DESPERATE?

Yes move on . He is just being honest which i think is better .

amyblack
    Participant
    November 17, 2016 at 10:41 am #117629

Please move on. There will only be anxiety and heartache in waiting around for him.

Infinity
    Infinity
    Participant
    November 18, 2016 at 7:52 pm #117882

If he calls you, kindly tell him YOU have met someone else ( but maybe you’ll call him if that doesn’t work out)!

audioman
    Participant
    November 18, 2016 at 11:59 pm #117884

You need to move on. He obviously wasnt as into you as you perhaps thought if he suddenly met someone ‘better’. if you are really into someone you tend to have blinkers on for other people.

audioman
    Participant
    November 19, 2016 at 12:00 am #117885

BTW im a guy… am I allowed / supposed to comment in here? 🙂

tomeliot17
    Participant
    November 19, 2016 at 2:15 pm #117895

Definitely move on, don’t dwell on things too much.