Do  I walk away or not?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Do I walk away or not?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:55 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

nico2819
    Participant
    March 16, 2015 at 3:16 pm #75427
    Do I walk away or not?

Well, I met this amazing woman on Tinder about two months ago( yes, I know its Tinder) We hit it off from the start and within five minutes she wanted to plan a second date. The second date came and went and well we’ve been seeing a lot of each other and spending the night with each other. We’ve both expressed how we feel about each other but now she’s been out of town for three weeks and won’t be back for another 10 days. We were messaging pretty frequently up until last week and now I haven’t heard from her in almost a week. I know she’s fine because she’s updated her FB status as recently as yesterday, so now the question is how do I interpret this? She was concerned we me not waiting until she got back but this isn’t exactly helping. Just feels weird from wanting to and having met my son to radio silence all of a sudden. I know we haven’t made any sort of formal commitment to each other but I still feel I merit a quick reply. Or am I overthinking this?

Lynetta
    Participant
    March 17, 2015 at 6:17 pm #75535

Hi, nic,
    Have you tried texting her just something like “hey havent heard from you for awhile..is everything ok?” And if you dont hear after that I dont know. Guess I would just wait out the next 10 days and seel what happens when she gets back.

confused_island
    Participant
    March 18, 2015 at 2:41 pm #75607

There is a saying that those who care for you will always ALWAYS make time for you. While there might be a good reason that she’s out of contact, there might be no reason at all and she’s operating on “Out of Sight, Out of Mind”

Dontbeniceanymore
    Dontbeniceanymore
    Participant
    March 18, 2015 at 10:03 pm #75627

Hey Nic,

If she updated her FB status and she doesn’t answer you back your text message it only means she doesn’t want to speak with you. If you have texted her a lot in the last few days, you become predictable and women feel repulsed to predictable men.

When you show too much interest in a woman and text her very often she goes away, and if she so busy that she can’t dedicate one single minute of the day to write you, then she is showing with her actions that you are not important in her life.

So the best thing you can do is being scarcely available don’t try to contact her anymore and start finding someone else who show more interest in you.

Anonymous
    March 19, 2015 at 4:25 am #75632

you should face it be brave enough to stand firm no matter how hard it is.

whatdoido
    Participant
    March 21, 2015 at 9:11 am #75776

Did you send a message and she didn’t reply to it, or are you expecting her to send you a message?

Anonymous
    March 21, 2015 at 7:22 pm #75784

I would send her one more message,and then just walk away and forget about her; she may have decided not to get involved with a stranger suddenly for some reason, she may be suddenly busy or ill, something else may have come up, etc.

nico2819
    Participant
    March 22, 2015 at 4:13 am #75792

Well I sent a message about a week later pretty much asking what gives, if she’s lost interest to just say something. I do get a reply saying she’s been distracted with a lot of things on her mind. That she does miss me and think of me but that we need to talk. I said I’m not going to sit around wondering for a week about what we need to talk about and she said she knows she’s not got with communicating and that she does want to see me as soon as she gets home. I said ok and asked her if she’d like I might be able to pick her up at the airport and now its been 5 day since that message with no reply. We’re using viber so I can see when the message has been read and when she’s online. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt but also feel like just walking away and not answering her assuming she does answer me one day. I do really care for her but this is a hard thing to deal with or as I asked before am I just over thinking this.

Jam-man
    Participant
    March 22, 2015 at 4:47 am #75793

Sounds like you need to relax. I appreciate you want to be with her but all you can do is let her know you want to see her, that she is always in your thoughts and let her return and call you.

There could be any number of reasonable reasons she has not replied to any given message but one thing for certain: appearing like a stalker will drive her away.

All the best!

JackHayman
    Participant
    March 22, 2015 at 9:01 pm #75798
    Reply To: Do I walk away or not?

Women are confusing creatures and often very secretive in their agendas. I agree with most of the guys above, just send her a quick text saying you haven’t heard from her in a while, is she okay? If there’s no reply then just leave it. If it’s meant to be, she’ll come running and if not, well you’ll know. Best of luck mate!

nico2819
    Participant
    March 23, 2015 at 8:34 am #75796
    Reply To: Do I walk away or not?

Thank you, I guess I’m so used to people responding quickly and now I met someone that doesn’t and it feels strange. Guess its just strange to know someone that is very caring and affection in person but disappears when she’s not. And it’s not that I need or want a messaging marathon but when you ask a simple yes or no question and they person hasn’t responded in 4-5 days it becomes a little much. Considering I run two businesses time is valuable. A little consideration would be nice. Which I’ve brought this up twice before with her and twice been told they would make an effort. I guess the big issues is I’m completely weak in the knees for her so the moment I see her I forget what I was upset about.