Do looks matter to women?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lankan_man
    Participant
    July 26, 2016 at 2:46 am #106489

The thing thats holding me back from talking to girls and asking her out for a date is that I am very insecure about my looks! I have been called “Ugly” and been rejected hard! But I almost never approach women (Probably only approached two women my entire life. Im 25). However I’m going to start mingling! So I just want to know do looks matter to you women??? If yes what physically attractive feature do you look for? The only thing I have in my looks department is that I am 6 foot tall and I have good fashion game. Other than that I am an indian with crooked teeth and glasses lol. Thanks! 🙂

ginandtonic
    Participant
    July 26, 2016 at 8:55 am #106494

Confidence is more important than looks. Yes, looks matter to some extent, but your vibe can take you pretty far. Be confident in yourself, and remember, everyone gets rejected, so don’t take it personally.

NaomiOakland7
    Participant
    July 26, 2016 at 7:25 pm #106732

To majority of women no, looks somewhat play a part but if your possess qualities such as having nice personality and stuff then looks really don’t matter. If a girl likes you she doesn’t care what you look like.

confusedlittlegirl
    Participant
    July 28, 2016 at 10:55 am #106805

If she’s really the one… then no
    You’ll find someone who’ll love your flaws so you dont have to worry 🙂
    goodluck!

blinkey02
    Participant
    July 31, 2016 at 10:49 pm #106987

Not always! Sometimes there is a connection that goes way beyond looks and then you start realizing you’re attracted to a person.

mary2017
    Participant
    August 1, 2016 at 8:27 am #106993

yes it matters of course!

Awillsb
    Participant
    August 1, 2016 at 11:25 pm #107114

As others said I think confidence is pretty great!! Personally I don’t think looks should matter as much as personality does. Good luck!

MissBee
    MissBee
    Participant
    August 8, 2016 at 1:21 pm #107767

Girls who say “personality is all that matters” are lying. Physical attraction is important. It’s hardwired into us for mating purposes. So, your job is to dress snappy and be hygienic and match that confident appearance with a confident attitude (but not cocky…). Confidence is sexy.

benhinshaw0917
    Participant
    August 9, 2016 at 1:47 am #107787

Not to the right woman.

GSJ77
    GSJ77
    Participant
    August 9, 2016 at 7:05 am #107797
    Reply To: Do looks matter to women?

Broadly speaking, looks matter an awful lot to women when it comes to generating initial interest or a “spark”, but once in a relationship a woman will quickly start to find your looks less and less important (regardless of whether your looks are good or bad). With charm and patient persistence it is possible to get women interested in you without being good looking, it just takes longer. Then, once you’ve won her over, your looks won’t matter to her at all unless she’s exceptionally shallow.

redlips
    redlips
    Participant
    August 10, 2016 at 3:44 am #107871

I would say the first impression is all that matters. Dress up, walk confidently, and most importantly have good personality.

BettyBrown
    BettyBrown
    Participant
    August 10, 2016 at 9:28 am #107883

For me look does matter, but only in some way. I hate when man is shorter or the same height with me. It makes me feel huge.

Also the smell matters, but usually it matters in good way, and also the voice.

So, to summarize. I usually pay attention to only 3 things: height, voice and aroma.

brokenheart16
    Participant
    August 10, 2016 at 5:32 pm #107914

To the right mature woman no

Braytc
    Participant
    August 10, 2016 at 10:31 pm #107919

Am i the only one that finds this subject always weird….like….i wouldn’t even WANT her to like me if she wasn’t crazy about my looks. never understood women who date bad looking guys (from a males point of view of course) , for what just confidence and personality? Yeah, it sounds all politically correct and cute, but if i was the guy and she wasn’t crazy about how i looked, i wouldnt even want her lmao

Kevin32603
    Kevin32603
    Participant
    August 10, 2016 at 11:40 pm #107922

Yes