Do Nice Guys Really Finish Last?!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:19 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DKing3
    Participant
    April 2, 2015 at 3:57 pm #76579

Hey ladies I had a question for you all! And Guys could answer too I guess! Haha this question kind of spawns from another thread on here and was curious what everyone thought about this as I always like to hear peoples opinions. So do you think nice guys finish last? Is there some truth to it? Do the jerks always get the girl? Are nice guys pushovers? Curious to hear yalls thoughts!!:)

Blondey
    Participant
    April 2, 2015 at 9:32 pm #76608

Haha! Okay so I needed to really think about your question and be honest with myself, and prob yes jerks get the girl and nice guys are pushovers in the short term but in the end a girl really wants the nice guy. What I mean is in my younger days I went for the jerk and not the nice guy, it was thrilling and intense but never lasting. As I got older and learnt from my mistakes I wanted the nice guy and rid the jerks. I still like a bit of a bad boy in a man but only a little!! Lol I probably just confused you more!! A balance with everything and I think a sense of humour and holding a conversation are more important than anything, understanding each other is the key. In the end jerks don’t ultimately end up with the girl, nice guys do:)

DKing3
    Participant
    April 2, 2015 at 10:36 pm #76612

Haha thanks for the reply Blondey, see I think that may be some of my problem… i am that “nice guy” and maybe too nice…

Awkwardallthetime
    Participant
    April 2, 2015 at 11:23 pm #76613

I think when it comes to their careers they can sometimes finish last. If a guy is too soft spoken he might get pushed around in areas where being aggressive and assertive aren’t necessarily bad things. But as far as dating, goes, I don’t think so. I’ve dumped plenty of guys because of how they treated other people or weren’t nice to me. I don’t find stuck up/jerky/mean behavior attractive. But that’s just me.

hamgey
    hamgey
    Participant
    April 6, 2015 at 6:17 am #76725

the fact is you dont have to be too nice to ladies because naturally they will take you for granted. nice guy don’t last because they push around by ladies.

infamissg
    Participant
    April 6, 2015 at 8:42 am #76714

I think the thing about nice guys is that 1. Most the time, girls wear the pants in that relationship. 2. Girls don’t feel secure and protected. At least that was it for me. Dated a nice guy for 4 years, and I’m currently dating who appears to be a asshole to everybody but me.. and there’s a big difference.

Anita564565
    Participant
    April 6, 2015 at 6:47 pm #76758

yes

Kataryna25
    Kataryna25
    Participant
    April 7, 2015 at 4:43 pm #76817

I think, they do, but I don’t think, that it always depends on them=)

Dontbeniceanymore
    Dontbeniceanymore
    Participant
    April 7, 2015 at 9:38 pm #76826

Nice guys always finish last, because they are replaceable, expendable, and boring.

They fail to understand that “being nice” makes them look needy and clinging, they are very prone to accept second class behavior in a relationship, and always accept lose-win deals, basically they behave like doormats.

Since they are very predictable, they don’t represent a challenge in a relationship.

Nice guys always avoid conflict, they don’t stand for nothing so they fall for everything.

Nice guys don’t have standards, they don’t have preferences, so they settle with anything.

Instead of aiming for the stars and land in the Moon, nice guys aim for the mud and land in the mud.

If you are are a nice guy, do yourself a favor and stop doing it!!!
    Change your mind attitude,
    hold your ground,
    embrace conflict,
    don’t accept second class behavior,
    and only take win – win deals in your personal, and professional life.

Godspeed

Anonymous
    April 8, 2015 at 8:44 am #76840
    Reply To: Do Nice Guys Really Finish Last?!

no.

LateBloomer
    Participant
    April 8, 2015 at 5:49 pm #76911
    Reply To: Do Nice Guys Really Finish Last?!

No, not from my experience. Don’t know how old you are but the whole “nice guys are undesirable” changes drastically around the age of 28 or so. I was the consummate “nice guy”, never did well with women in high school, neither in college. The very last year of college, I’m 24 now, I was 22 and started to follow my hobby, politics, and turn it into a career. I discovered that I was a total magnet for older women. Now its gross to put your amount of sexual partners, but for perspective, I lost my virginity at 17, had my second girl not until 22. Now I have 26 women under my belt. Most being 28-45, with a bunch being 18, 19. Very few my age, because girls are looking for the aggressive, rude a holes who don’t respect them. Men are also more simple, so its not that women are worse. Men look only for the cutest girl and that’s it. At a young age, find your niche. When I first started doing will with women it was primarily with black and Hispanic. Have patience and don’t change!