Do you think I might still have a chance?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• klmnop
    Participant
    August 29, 2016 at 8:01 pm #109883

So there is this guy who has been in my class for some years now. He always liked me and he had told me in the past, but in May this year we started hooking up. I did not really want anything more than that. One time i was at a club and i was talking to him on Facebook and he asked me to be in a relationship with him, so i told him to discuss it in person. The only problem was that i was leaving the next day for a week. That night i hooked up with two other guys.. While i was away we were talking and everything seemed fine and i wanted to be with him also. When i came back we met up at a club with all our friends, and that’s where he told me he thought it would be best to just stay friends. I asked him what had changed and he told me he found out about the other guys.. I was heartbroken so i got really really drunk and hooked up with his best friend which was a tremendous mistake.. Well he also found out about that but forgave us somehow. A week later someone told me that he told a fri

klmnop
    Participant
    August 29, 2016 at 8:03 pm #109884

friend of his he liked her but she friend zoned him.. Now overtime we are somewhere at the same place he looks at me and when he asks me how i am doing he smiles at me.. Now i want to know if you think i can somehow fix this and maybe be with him together.. Honestly all this time i did not realize what a great guy i had right in front of me ..

ENTP
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 1:27 am #109890

I don’t mean to be overly harsh, but you may have really hurt the guy. It sounds like he may feel a lot of resentment and betrayal. The only way I see it being fixed is by admitting to him that you really messed up and that you want to move forward on a clean slate. Tell him everything about the situation and be completely honest. Best of luck!

ramboamy88
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 8:20 am #109910

You need to figure out what you want and stick to that. Be honest with yourself…do you really want a relationship or do you really want to sleep around?? If you really liked him and wanted to be with him then you never would have hooked up with those others guys. If you are at a point in your life where you want to sleep around then do that but don’t sleep with men who want to be with you seriously. Also, never sleep with friends! Men don’t forgive women for that. Every girl is free to have her fun but you don’t want too much of a reputation because it may back fire once you start looking for a real relationship. And sleeping with guys who are friends will ruin your reputations. If you’re making mistakes because you’ve been drinking then maybe you should slow down on the drinking too. Trust me, I’m not judging you, I think it’s perfectly ok for women to have fun with sex and drinking. But it’s supposed to feel like fun and if you’re regretting everything you’re doing then maybe it’s time reevaluate your decisions. This doesn’t seem like a situation you can fix, I would move on if I were you. Figure out what you want and act like it.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  ramboamy88.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  ramboamy88.