Does complicated mean no?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:34 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Expat
    Participant
    December 31, 2014 at 11:57 pm #69770

I’ve recently started getting closer with a girl who I’ve known for some years, but she recently moved to another country. We’ve been chatting on Facebook, and we’ve been doing a lot of flirting back and forth. She even invited me to come visit her in her new country, and has been dropping hints at when the “most romantic” time of the year would be good for a visit.

Here’s the thing though, I’m 10 years older than her. She’s 18 and I’m 28. I knew her since she was 15, but was never attracted to her at that time. She was kind of a little sister in my eyes even though it was clear she had a crush on me. Now she’s grown up into a beautiful woman, and all around she’s my dream girl. The kind I’d really love to be with. Smart, cute, beautiful, popular, funny, etc.

Here’s the problem. She suddenly stopped talking to me on Facebook for the past few days. I sent her a few messages, and she hasn’t replied. Is the situation just too complicated? Did she realize this and decided to stop?

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    January 1, 2015 at 6:34 am #69774

Ok I’m not one to judge when it comes to age. I have been in a relationship where the guy was 7 years older. As long as she’s mature enough for you, I think it’s fine. What are you wanting to come of this? Are you hoping it might lead to something more serious?it would be pretty hard when she’s living in another country and I think that maybe the reason she hasn’t replied. She may feel that once that visit is over what next. So you could be right in thinking it maybe too complicated but then again she just could be super busy.

throwaway1944
    Participant
    January 1, 2015 at 8:35 pm #69777

Usually something like this does mean no. sorry man

Expat
    Participant
    January 2, 2015 at 9:36 am #69793

Ok here’s an update. She finally sent me a message after a few days. Turns out she went on a short day trip with some friends and was mostly out of Internet contact, although she did update her status on facebook a few times while she was gone. Seems to me if she was really interested, she probably would have replied rather than waiting until she got back.

Is it time to throw in the towel with her? I’m fine with friends, but was hoping for something more.

newyork12646412
    Participant
    January 2, 2015 at 9:03 pm #69813

Could be mixed signals