Does eduction matter a lot to you?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:27 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    December 28, 2014 at 7:05 pm #69680

So I have just been on a first date with a guy I met just before Christmas. It went better than I expected and we really hit it off. He was extremely sweet and a complete gentleman and could really make me laugh. So here’s the thing he never finished high school and said he was a bit troublesome when he was younger. He said school just wasn’t for him and you know what I don’t have a problem with it at all and really hasn’t changed my opinion about him. I just know my friends will have something to say about not finishing high school and just wanted to know is it something that would bother you? He has a pretty good job and is really sweet so don’t think it should matter but knew he was nervous telling me but glad he did.

December 31, 2014 at 3:51 pm #69767

i’m curious as to what type of good job he has despite dropping out of high school

Expat
    Participant
    December 31, 2014 at 11:43 pm #69768

For dating purposes it shouldn’t matter. If you get serious and start thinking about marriage and raising a family, then it might start to matter. Can the two of you provide a decent life for your children? Will you always fight about finances and money? A pretty good job for a single guy can be a terrible job for a family.

Not everyone needs an education to have a great job. Some of the most successful people in the world never completed high school, but that’s not normal.

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    January 1, 2015 at 5:09 am #69773

Thanks for the replies guys. Suppose to clarify he works in IT. He got a break and was able to work his way up and is in a position to apply for the managerial position. So it really is a good job so the financial side isn’t really an issue.

January 5, 2015 at 1:45 pm #69905

i don’t have a college degree, are most women in general reluctant to date a guy without a college degree?

Anonymous
    January 5, 2015 at 3:30 pm #69915

Who’s going to advertise his educational status to your friends?? If he makes you happy, that’s all your pals should care about!!

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    January 6, 2015 at 2:55 am #69941

Well for me eduction status isn’t a big deal but for my friends it is well mainly one friend in particular. They know he went to a dodgy high school and didn’t finish it because they know someone who knows him. I have now been on 4 or 5 dates with him and I haven’t gotten on this well with someone in a long time. I don’t want my friend judging him. I have to bring it up to her but struggling with how to say it. I’m not going to stop dating him because of what she thinks but if it does lead somewhere more serious I will need to talk to her about.

Anonymous
    January 7, 2015 at 8:50 am #69971

Then your friend doesn’t need to date this person!!

HVW_Mark
    HVW_Mark
    Participant
    January 7, 2015 at 8:51 am #70009

The most successful people in this world are usually high-school drop outs! Haha. The thing about education is it makes it a bit easier to be decently successful. If you drop out of high school its a lot harder to be successful, but if you manage it anyway you’re usually way ahead of the college grads!!

reyzer100387
    Participant
    January 8, 2015 at 4:23 pm #70152
    Reply To: Does eduction matter a lot to you?

I am educated (highest qualification: Masters). I am not interested in whether a woman is educated, but she must have a job and must be (relatively) independent. I don’t have a problem ‘taking care’ of her but she must be strong-willed and independent.

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    January 9, 2015 at 5:26 am #70162

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Whether he was educated or not didn’t matter to me but one of my friends has been known to look down on people for not being educated. I just wanted to know whether or not others had the same view as her.

Anyway things have been going great so far between us and he will be attending the same party as me and my friends this weekend. I have warned her to keep remarks to herself. The rest of my friends think he’s great so I think they will keep her in check. She seems to be in a minority when it comes to this.

Anonymous
    January 9, 2015 at 8:50 am #70165

Matching shouldn’t be a hit or miss. It turns out that it
    is mostly “mill.” There is someone right for
    everyone if you just know how to find them

MrJovial
    Participant
    January 9, 2015 at 5:37 pm #70243

Just because somebody is educated doesn’t mean they are smart. If I click with a woman I won’t avoid her just because of her education or lack of education.

rimiahuja
    rimiahuja
    Participant
    January 10, 2015 at 3:56 am #70258

Yes education matter a lot no doubt about it. Every one want to connect with educated people now days.

lostwithoutyo1717
    Participant
    January 10, 2015 at 10:11 am #70268

yeah

1 2