Does he actually like me or is he playing me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 5:29 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jess
    Participant
    April 3, 2017 at 2:26 pm #131913

Hey guys, I really need some advice and will try to keep this as short as possible! So, I was at uni and accidently left my glasses in the uni library & this guy caught up with me to give them back which I thought was super sweet. I continued with my work and he popped up and ending up asking for my number etc. he pretty much texted me within the next hour & we got chatting & all went really well. Baring in mind this is the first guy that has ever approached me lol. He asked if I’d be in uni again & we ended up meeting in the library to keep it casual & we really hit it off & he was being such a gent. He then went really quite for a few days & then he messaged me a few days later asking to meet up. I got lost on the way there lol and he ended up calling me. We went for a coffee & ended up chatting in his car. He was so sweet and made me laugh loads & complimented me on how I looked & mentioned that we do it again sometime & I agreed. But he keeps disappearing & doesn’t reply for days?

Samim
    Participant
    April 3, 2017 at 9:31 pm #131957

Did you send any text message to him lately !? If so , did he check that !?

jess
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 9:55 am #131967

Hey Samim, thanks for the reply!

Well, I messaged him earlier on today because its now been 3/4 days that I haven’t spoken to him…and he has been active on other social media (as he added me on other social media)…so… I feel like he’s sending really mixed signals? Like why would he go to the effort of meeting up with me and agreeing to meet up again and then just keep ghosting…and potentially ignore my messages??

jess
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 9:55 am #131968

Hey Samim,
    Thanks for the reply!
    I did message him earlier today as it would be 3/4 days since he hasn’t replied… he has been active on other social media sites (as he added me on fb, insta etc) but I feel like I’m getting loads of mixed signals here…
    I don’t understand why he would put in effort to meet up with me and agree to meet up again and then disappear for days and potentially ignore my messages?

bmm77
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 1:15 pm #132035

Could it be possible that he is trying not to seem to eager and “play it cool”? How many times has he ghosted on you?

jess
    Participant
    April 5, 2017 at 2:56 pm #132247

Hi bmm77, thanks for the reply!

Well, I recieved a message from him in the early hours of the morning, but he didn’t apologise. he just said he was at work doing late shifts and that we’d have a big catch up tomorrow?
    I have read his messages but I haven’t replied at all… I’m not sure what to do? I really don’t want to be played, he was giving all the right hints but now I’m not sure? Any advice?

Much appreciated!

nadalinncxeto
    Participant
    April 10, 2017 at 5:28 pm #132792

similar things happening to me. whenever he dissapears and i react on it he says you are not my girlfriend I don’t need to tell you what I’m doing all the time!? confused ….

April 11, 2017 at 1:34 am #132796

I would let him be. He will come back to you but don’t answer right away when he does. Show him who’s boss.

iamscotch
    Participant
    April 11, 2017 at 9:46 am #132807

Just give him some space. Don’t contact him for a bit. He will start to wonder about you and if he messes up.

RWn
    Participant
    April 16, 2017 at 7:47 pm #133397
    Reply To: Does he actually like me or is he playing me?

I think the best thing to do with text contact is avoid reading into anything/endlessly wondering what the timing and frequency of texts means.

Often times, if I really like someone, I actually take a little longer to write back: I’m wondering what to say/trying to come across in the right way.

He seems to have initiated the contact which is a great sign. Work with that. Take the actual, physical, in-person signs he is giving you and interpret them. It seems, from what you describe, that he could well like you and be interested. But it’s early days! Give him space, be positive and flirty and wait and see. A certain amount you can control with your actions, but to a certain amount, ‘what will be, will be’.

soph07
    Participant
    April 18, 2017 at 7:46 am #133498

Id give him some space too and wait for him to get in touch

dancinggirl
    Participant
    May 1, 2017 at 1:13 pm #135012

Ok, so what is wrong with actually asking the guy in question these questions??

These games never help. They have no real purpose or a good outcome. Just ego. Ego destroys everything.

I don’t want to look too eager or not eager enough. It’s all posturing and overthinking. Kindergarten games.

The adult thing to do is contact him and ask him directly why he has not been in touch? If he is interested in continuing to see you. If so, ask him to contact you. And leave him alone.

Do not stop your life for a random guy who is putting on the act for you. For all you know, he already has a girlfriend, and this is the reason for the disappearing act. Or he has other random girls on his hook or is looking for casual sex. Some guys are really good at pulling the gentleman crap in order to reel a girl in. It’s their game. So, sweetie, please, do not get too hooked on him. Ok? You do not know him nor do you know his true intentions or if he is hiding something from you.

Don’t trust too easily.

Prettyeyez178
    Participant
    May 21, 2017 at 5:18 pm #137094

Don’t rush it! People need space especially guys. If you just go on enjoying your life, he will make it known if he wants to be apart of it. Keep him on his toes and you’ll get to know who he really is and if you like that person…you’ll eventually get him to fall for you!