Does he like me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Does he like me?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:52 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sierrapii
    Participant
    June 28, 2014 at 5:25 pm #56548
    Does he like me?

I’m seriously getting mixed signals from this guy and I’m pretty confused. I’ve known him for a couple months but I’ve only started really talking to him for a week or so. We work together but don’t see each other at work that often. He’s always been nice to me, comes over and says hi and we’ll talk, but we’ve never talked in depth before, and we’re not “friends” per se, but we’re friendly. Here’s some of the other things he’s done that make me think he likes me: we had a work event that my mother showed up to, and he voluntarily introduced himself to her, and when I was talking to him once his friends began ribbing him kind of subtly about me. He’s complimented my stuff, like a bag or a shirt, but never me myself… But sometimes he’ll run off and pretend he doesn’t see me, and he hasn’t asked for my number or anything yet. I’m pretty confused about what his intentions are and wish he would kind of be more public, or should I do something?

sierrapii
    Participant
    June 28, 2014 at 5:28 pm #56549

Also: I suck at flirting, and am so bad at reading signals…

Anonymous
    July 2, 2014 at 8:15 am #56724

Just talk to him and try to show your interest. You can give him a gentle hint that you want to spend more time with him, try to find common interests. Silence is not a solution in this case.

0ldhag
    0ldhag
    Participant
    July 2, 2014 at 6:50 pm #56731

If he was truly interested he’d ask for your phone number. Until he does, treat the situation as he’s a ‘co-worker’ and nothing more.

jenny12345
    Participant
    July 18, 2014 at 1:56 am #57722

If he is interested he will act on it. If not, don’t put anymore thought into it. Men are simple creatures and us ladies over analyze them way too much

moonlight
    Participant
    July 18, 2014 at 4:23 am #57724

Maybe you should try to show your interest more to him and subtly encourage him to take you out. Like ‘Ow, I heard there’s this new restaurant in town. Have you ever been?’ stuffs like that. Good luck.

Broost
    Participant
    July 19, 2014 at 4:12 am #57814

and when I was talking to him once his friends began ribbing him kind of subtly about me.

Well it sounds like he told his friend about you, which is a good sign.

cab3110
    Participant
    July 20, 2014 at 9:37 pm #57840

I sense some interest from his end..wait for him to make some sort of move though! It’ll come impulsively.

so_confused
    Participant
    July 21, 2014 at 12:27 am #57843

there is some pretty good signs! I think you should make a move, try flirting with him a bit more so he gets a hint and see how he reacts to it.

hopelesspanzy24
    Participant
    July 22, 2014 at 9:02 am #57895
    Reply To: Does he like me?

Give it time, since you guys work together use it to your advantage! Don’t just jump into it right away! Throw in a lure and see if he falls for it! Since you already have interest go for it !!! Don’t be stuck on wondering if he likes you or not, find out for yourself! During work or something be like ” Im about to go grab a bite to eat, want to come with?” then whatever happens go on from there (: good luck

Cathy812
    Participant
    July 22, 2014 at 12:06 pm #57940

As you work together maybe you cn get to know each other more on work nights outs and stuff 🙂

Yuuuup
    Participant
    July 22, 2014 at 5:26 pm #57980

Try to notice something he’s interested in and comment on it.

a.lee1234
    Participant
    July 23, 2014 at 1:25 am #58010

agree ^

ColdIceWater
    Participant
    July 23, 2014 at 1:30 am #58012

It sounds like he might just be being nice to you. However I usually also avoid directly complimenting a girls appearance because it can come off as extremely cheesy. Considering every looser with no game in the world tells every attractive women they are beautiful. It destroys the effectiveness of the compliment and makes you look like a typical desperate male. However these things you describe do not seem like he is really sending seriously mixed signals.

It sounds like you have a crush on a nice guy and you are reading too deep into the situation. However it is not true that he would directly ask for your number, especially at work. There are many crazy women in the work place and making any type of advances towards woman at work can mean risking your career.

If you want this to go anywhere I would suggest using eye contact to your advantage.

RedSunshine
    Participant
    July 23, 2014 at 6:28 am #58022

Males are so confusing, just throw it in his face, ask to go for coffee or something?