DATING ADVICE FORUM

Does he like me?

Author
    Comments

• princessjade123
    Participant
    August 28, 2016 at 8:20 pm #109810
    Does he like me?

I’ve been talking to this guy for about 7 months now (it really doesn’t feel that long), and I’m really not sure what his feelings are for me. I’m 17, and he’s 18, so I’m going into my last year of college (UK) and he’s taking a gap year and staying in the area so he can push his music career (we’re both musicians).
    I’m not an overly flirty person, but over the past 5 months we have been exchanging flirtatious conversations, which he always makes the first move on. We’ve met up a few times but only in groups around my friends.
    I’m really unsure on what his feelings are for me – his best friends recent ex said he really likes me, as well as my friends agreeing, but he’s physically told a friend of mine he’s not sure how he feels, and I know for a fact he’s a hard partier and meets the odd tinder match. This doesn’t bother me as much as it could, because we’re not together, and have never got together, but it just makes it all so confusing.
    I don’t know where I stand with him…

jennyclark7
    Participant
    August 29, 2016 at 2:53 am #109811

I say there’s a good chance he has feelings for you but is unsure and maybe not ready to commit to something, maybe talk to him about it if you can or give him some time to figure it out, if you like him back try to drop some hints and if you’re looking for a relationship try to see if he is too.

ENTP
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 1:22 am #109889

In this situation, I think it’s best for you to try and break the barrier and just tell him how you feel. At this point it sounds like going any further without doing this might get you both hurt. It’s best to spell out the situation now rather than later.

boopdop
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 2:31 pm #109981

I don’t think it would hurt anything to let him know that you are interested in him. I don’t think there is anything wrong with someone telling someone else how they feel. If he laughs at it, he probably wasn’t a mature enough person to be in a relationship anyway. If you are worried about getting rejected you could lay down some heavy signs that you are looking for a relationship and “joke” about what he thinks the two of you being together would be like.

alannahweber72
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 7:27 pm #110021

Just ask him. If it was meant to be it was meant to be if not his loss

princessjade123
    Participant
    October 26, 2016 at 7:57 pm #115521

Thank you to everyone who replied! I took some of your advice, and while I didn’t straight up tell him how I felt, I left some strong hints which I know he understood. Our friendship has developed a lot since my above post, I think we’d both class each other as one of the closest friends we have, and leading on from that, we’ll be going on our first date next week! While he hasn’t told me exactly what he feels, his best friend recently approached me and told me that he really liked me (teenagers, I know – we can’t do anything for ourselves!), and seeing as he was the one who asked me to go out (and in a really cute, nervous way as well), I think it’s safe to see the feeling was mutual.
    Thank you all ❤️

Harry Wilmington
    Harry Wilmington
    Participant
    October 29, 2016 at 1:44 pm #115760

Here’s the thing: at this stage, your “likes” for each other are only surface. You still need to spend one on one time with him more often to get a better sense of if you two would actually work in a relationship. All that to say: you don’t need to verbally express your like for him (or him for you) because you don’t know enough deep stuff about each other to make that assessment. The “date” is only the start of the analyzing process – so, don’t fee the need to rush it or start gushing about him to him after 1 or 2 dates. Give yourself a good 3 months to see if the way he is lines up with how you are, and then proceed accordingly. Good luck! http://www.DecodingYourMan.com