Does he like me? Could it work out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:02 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

theonirichards
    Participant
    April 14, 2016 at 8:14 pm #97846

Why I like him (some of this is from before I broke up with S, so he was showing some signs while I had a boyfriend):
    -soo sweet, asks me how I am (recently broke up with his friend and he’s the only one of their whole group who’s spoken to me since, more on this later)
    -seems to genuinely care about me
    -same political views
    -capable of holding an intelligent conversation
    -a bit dorky
    -hella cute

Why I think he might like me:
    -sort of shows off in front of me (he plays water polo and makes an effort to make the sport seem less dumb)
    -Unnecessary touching (hand on the small of my back, brushing up against me)
    -making an effort to be near me (we went on a group ski trip and he’d always end up near me)
    -really loud voice, but when he talks to me it gets all low and slow and sweet
    -same political views

Why I don’t want to like him:
    Okay so I recently broke up with S. S is friends with E, and a while later, I’m interested in E. E has a very strange relationshi

theonirichards
    Participant
    April 14, 2016 at 8:14 pm #97847

Why I don’t want to like him:
    Okay so I recently broke up with S. S is friends with E, and a while later, I’m interested in E. E has a very strange relationship with another girl as well. We’re in 8th grade *pause for aggravated sigh* and a couple of weeks ago, L asked E out. However, not normally. They are now going to date in high school. L can’t date until high school, but she asked out E early, basically calling dibs. (L does go do another school, but we’re all going to the same highschool) This goes against brocode and girlcode.

Is there any way that this could possibly in a perfect universe that this could work out?

abhikza
    Participant
    April 15, 2016 at 9:34 am #97857

don’t sweat it just let it be..
    L asked E out and said she cant date him until highschool?.. lol none is gonna wait that long trust me.. dibs is totally bullshit he wouldnt care really..
    hangout with E let him know you are interested, don’t take huge steps that way he can safely back off..
    hangout with E , flirt with him be yourself… but dont come off desperate give him space if he want to hang out with L..
    also dont ask him that is he gonna date L or does he like her, (you could maybe get friendzoned)

P.S : (DONT BOMBARD HIM WITH TEXTS) goodluck

cgivens18
    Participant
    April 16, 2016 at 12:56 am #97975

It potentially could just have faith , if you feel it is meant to occur and signs are pointing towards it.

KittyKat006
    Participant
    April 17, 2016 at 12:52 am #98008

I’d personally just let things play out, also because S is friends with E. I dunno, I’m old fashioned and still think in terms of ‘girl code’ and ‘bro code’. Lol.

jdubs
    Participant
    April 21, 2016 at 7:52 am #98288

I’d just wait a while and see how it plays out before making a decision