Does he like me or is he just wanting to take it slow???

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:09 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bunnyiqqu
    Participant
    December 26, 2015 at 3:27 am #90506

So I met this guy on tinder and we hit it off really great! Our first date was amazing and the dates in the next few weeks. I found out some information about him though, he is a father to three little girls each from a different lady which was something new to hear. He only takes care of the two older ones. I got to meet the girls and they are adorable and i dont see any issue with it. I think it is because i love being with kids and have that motherly mind. But recently he has been pretty distant with the texting and talking to me. Ever since his family came into town for the holidays he’s been kind of distant. I’ve learned he doesn’t like talking about feelings and what not because he’s been hurt. I am trying my best to just believe that he’s just busy with family and his girls but at the same time I’m scared maybe he found someone else or doesn’t feel the same anymore. We technically aren’t an item but we both dont want to be flings. I am not sure but i really like the guy.

Harry Wilmington
    Harry Wilmington
    Participant
    December 29, 2015 at 3:42 am #90639

One of the things I tell men and women all the time is, when you start dating someone new as holidays are approaching, you have to give them a pass. Realistically, the holidays are a time where the person you’ve been seeing for a while is going to be busy doing stuff with his immediate family, and is therefore less available.

So, you SHOULD be expecting to hear from him less between Christmas and New Year’s. Until you become an actual part of the family or have been dating for longer than 3 months, this is actually the norm. Your best course of action? Give him space until after the new year, then contact him again and continue dating.

One side note: Soooo… you don’t think him having 3 kids by 3 different women should set off alarms in your head about how well he does with commitment?

MisLL
    Participant
    January 2, 2016 at 12:57 am #90775

Give him space for now. When he contacts you to set up a date, simply ask him “What are you looking for?” when you see him in person and see what he says. Then you’ll have your answer.