Does he like me or not?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Does he like me or not?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:21 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AveryFern
    Participant
    September 22, 2015 at 3:33 pm #85723
    Does he like me or not?

So I matched with this guy on Tinder about 3 weeks back and we then moved on to chat on whatsapp. He is very different from most of the guys on Tinder and isn’t the hook up kind. We have been talking continuously for the past 3 weeks. We had our first date this past weekend and he followed up the very same day saying he had a great time! Problem is, ever since then he seems distant (i.e. he doesn’t talk as much as he used to). He also hasn’t talked about going on a second date. He did say he liked me though. I cannot help, but feel like he is not interested in me despite that. What do you guys / girls think?
    P.S. During the date he kept saying I reminded him of his sister.

waitingforlove
    Participant
    September 22, 2015 at 4:02 pm #85726

Out of interest, how have you been towards him? the same as before the date? I’m just wondering if maybe he’s thinking exactly the same, and he’s not sure either.

I’m a guy and i’ll be honest, we’re absolutely crap at reading situations – so I’d try and make it pretty clear that you liked him, try to keep up the convo and see what vibe you get back. It may just be that he is as unsure about how you feel as you are about him.

Sometimes us blokes need a girl to write a sign on a billboard and hold it in front of them in flashing lights before we do anything. We can be pretty naff!

AveryFern
    Participant
    September 22, 2015 at 4:20 pm #85732

I have been exactly the same. Perhaps he is unsure as well. But from what I know, he’d ask me if he had any doubts. He seems like a straight forward guy. Another possibility could be that he is starting to doubt his own feelings? I am good at reading people, but not virtually of course.

I just do not want to fall for him only to find out that he doesn’t like me in that sense. I say things like “thinking about you” and “hope you are feeling okay.” So I am doing my best to put my feelings towards him out there.

waitingforlove
    Participant
    September 22, 2015 at 4:25 pm #85733

Have you asked him out again? He might be waiting for you to ask, and it’s definitely worth seeing how you both feel in a social environment again, you can get all sorts of wrong conclusions from social interaction. he may just feel uneasy/unsure what to do himself. I wouldn’t take it personally or anything like that, we can be an odd species when it comes to opening the door/letting down the barriers.

AveryFern
    Participant
    September 23, 2015 at 8:06 am #85734

He definitely is an awkward chap, but I find it rather adorable. Getting back to the point here. . .we only had our first date last Saturday. I thought it would be wise to wait for a week or two before bringing up the idea of a second date. Or should I bring up the prospect now?

Another thing I forgot to mention was the fact that we live a little over an hour away from each other. He does not have a car, and is unfortunately not keen on using public transport. I would have to always drive to him. . . which I honestly do not have a problem with, but my car is an electric one so it’s a risk going such a long distance.

rnatk7
    Participant
    September 24, 2015 at 8:32 am #85849

Seems like he’s waiting for you to reach out to him, since he doesn’t want to seem needy and text you first. If you like him, attempt to get in touch!

chloex
    Participant
    September 24, 2015 at 10:58 am #85862

Follow your instincts, if you think he’s not that into you you’re probably right. Also try a different dating site to tinder, tinder doesn’t often end up well.

thebrooklynshow
    Participant
    September 24, 2015 at 3:52 pm #85870

I would just let things play out. Maybe he is really interested but doesn’t know how to go about things, maybe he’s been busy , or playing the “let her contact me more” game. It could be anything. Either ask him out on another date or just let it play out. FYI guys will sell you a dream and say they really like you and then turn cold. I also agree with one of the responses above. Tinder may not be the best dating site and maybe he was looking for some action, got none so now doesn’t care.

jasmiine_j
    Participant
    September 24, 2015 at 4:20 pm #85880

maybe he’s waiting for you to make the next move. ask him out on the next date

CONFUSED_SOUL
    Participant
    September 25, 2015 at 1:52 am #85919
    Reply To: Does he like me or not?

Maybe he is confused with how you are feeling?, could be shy and like to take things slow there are multiple reasons My advice to you is call him or message him start conversation see what he is up to and organize a night to catch up. With doing that Im sure you will get your answer of where this situation stands hun !! xx

Tinker1976
    Participant
    September 25, 2015 at 2:51 am #85922

He may like you and he may just be busy or maybe he doesn’t. I agree with Confused_Soul. Send him a light hearted message. Maybe like you he is trying to figure out his interest level just as you should be.

Anonymous
    September 25, 2015 at 8:21 am #85863

If he sais that your reminds him a sister that means that his attitude toward you is more friendly. As i think, when a man likes a woman it means that he should be initiative to her and ask her on a date.

September 25, 2015 at 8:26 am #85934

So What? Because I love Him

Steebly
    Steebly
    Participant
    September 25, 2015 at 2:33 pm #85956

If he said you reminded him of his sister then forget him. This is my experience with this. I was living in the college of New jersey. I had just moved away from home and there was this girl named Christina that I thought was cute that lived on the same floor as me. One day she just came into my dorm and started looking out the window. She said she was looking for a wasp nest cause wasp where like getting in her room. Anyway, I struck up a conversation with her and I was friendly. I showed interest but she had a boyfriend. She still talked to me though and we connected but at first she would try to like push me towards her roommate. Like, she suggested I talk to her roommate instead of her you know; but her roommate was not as attractive as her. Anyway, I said I did not want to talk to her roommate because she reminded me of my sister. So long story not so short if I say that a girl reminds me of my sister it means I do not want to talk to the girl. It means I am not attracted to them.

Ollistar
    Participant
    September 25, 2015 at 8:41 pm #85970

If he hasn’t been constantly trying to set up a second date with you and on the first he said you remind him of his sister its not looking good.

1 2