Does he really like me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Does he really like me?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:54 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

daisyaster
    Participant
    November 3, 2015 at 8:55 am #87819
    Does he really like me?

I started dating a guy a month ago. He seemed very nice, I mean he is still nice but the thing is he wanted to be with me every night in the first three weeks but now he says although he does not mind it, it might be too much. I know it is too much but I never asked for it. It was him who invited me to spend time with him. It is not only about sex, we have done other things like going out, hanging out with friends, shopping, going to gym. But now I am wondering why he suddenly wants space.
    Moreover, I figured two days ago that he had broken up just 1 month before he started dating me. It seems he is still sad about the girl as he liked her so much. We are both students but in different departments. The girl is in his department and he sees her by chance sometime (he told me about it). I asked him recently if he wanted to move on from that relationship or not and he said yes. I do not know how to believe him. He has been really nice to me all the time, I am confused 🙁

jacko2015
    Participant
    November 5, 2015 at 9:20 am #87931

I hate to say this but it does sound like you were a rebound… Given the fact that he broke up with his ex a month before he started seeing you. You was there for him when he needed company etc. If he wants space, give it to him. Cut down the amount of contact and see if he starts chasing you. as you say, it was him who invited you to go spend time with him, so now try and make it the other way round. On your terms. This is where you find out if he’s actually in to you. Hope this helps

hereshoping
    Participant
    November 8, 2015 at 9:29 am #88102

I have to agree with jacko2015. I’m sure he enjoyed your company but maybe he wasn’t ready.
    Perhaps he was lonely and looking for some companionship.
    I’d give him space and back off. If he really is interested in you, you will hear from him again and then YOU can decide.

jason350
    Participant
    November 9, 2015 at 10:33 am #88136

I really feel for you, I would say from a recent similar experience that is unfortunately not working out, that taking it easy and not expecting anything to much is the best way forward. He may well have feelings for you but because he has just come out of a relationship only a month ago the time for getting over this person may take some time. I would to him that you like hanging out with him but also want to take things slow ie: not jumping into a relationship, the danger is the more you spend time with this person and hang out them that your feelings will go stronger, so another option is to give him some space. If after some time apart you still want to see each other then let things develop naturally, I also agree with Jacko in terms of being open and expressing any feelings or concerns you may have before continuing seeing each other.

Good luck 🙂