Does he really like me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Does he really like me?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:14 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

anonymous
    Participant
    May 4, 2017 at 11:35 pm #135465
    Does he really like me?

This guy has been flirting with me since the beginning of the school year. He talks to me whenever he has an opportunity, compliments me, is a good listener, and is really sweet. Unfortunately, I have some self-esteem issues. I slightly have social anxiety and its hard for me to open up to people. So the fact that he likes me when I don’t know him that well is really bothering me. The fact that he compliments me a lot also makes me feel awkward and uncomfortable. Whenever he talks to me, I just smile and answer really quickly and quietly because I’m scared that I won’t meet his expectations. I’m really shy and quiet on the outside, but I feel like he won’t like my real personality, which is kind of outgoing, savage, blunt about the truth, and laughs at everything. I’m not that pretty, but he has complimented me on my looks before, so does he only like me for my looks or is he into the shy quiet type?

minecraftluver6
    Participant
    May 5, 2017 at 1:16 am #135467

The fact that he talks to you whenever he gets the chance suggests that he’s genuinely into you as a person. It seems to me like he thinks you’re attractive inside and out. You didn’t specify whether you like him back, but I feel like it would be worth it to give him a chance and see if he’s into the real you. 🙂

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    May 5, 2017 at 12:21 pm #135512

okay so let’s look at this logic.

you don’t open up b/c you are afraid you might not meet his expectations.
    so let me ask this.. how in the world woudl you meet his expectations otherwise? you won’t unless yo open up dear…..

becase nobody “meets somebody else’s excpectations’ when they clam up and close up and don’t put themselves out there to allow the connection to develop… got it?

(just imagine if he never put himself out there to talk to you or show his interest to you – would he “meet your expectations” by acting uninterested? then how in the WORLD would yo meet his if you do that same thing)?

PUT YOURSELF out there and learn how to. you[ll need to do it someday whethter it’s for him or somebody you end up really liking and wanting. so get used to it and figure it out now.

good luck.

RMX
    Participant
    May 8, 2017 at 9:37 pm #135719

He is certainly interested in you. If anything, this is the perfect time to just be yourself. You have nothing to lose as he is the one that is pursuing you. The more you open up the more he will as well and then you both can determine if it’s a match based on truly knowing the other person and not just their looks.

Louis Richards
    Participant
    May 9, 2017 at 11:17 am #135775

I think he likes you

nkygirl12
    Participant
    May 9, 2017 at 8:14 pm #135916

If he has complimented you on your looks, he’s into you!

krneki
    Participant
    May 11, 2017 at 6:05 am #136049

Yes he likes you!

moon78
    Participant
    May 11, 2017 at 3:45 pm #136117

I know how difficult it must be for you to open yourself up a bit more, but he’s obviously trying to get to know you better. I’ve had a low self image myself, so I know what you mean when you doubt yourself constantly. If you’re interested in him, I would give him a chance. Why not just have a casual meetup somewhere and just chat for a while? Please don’t make too many assumptions. Usually, those assumptions are wrong and you may be missing out on a great opportunity here. You don’t know him, so you don’t know how he’ll react to your strengths and weaknesses Right? At least you’re caring enough to post in this forum! Good luck!!

dannysstruggel
    Participant
    May 11, 2017 at 4:13 pm #136123

Yes, he probably likes you. Try to find out more about him and what girls he likes from his friends if possible!