Does he seem interested? How can i differentiate between that and just friends

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:44 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

saraxsa
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 12:20 pm #68320

So there’s this guy I know and me and him have been texting quite a bit lately , he makes me laugh and seems like a decent guy. He asks me how my day is and makes me feel better when I’m stressed out

The other day he texted me two days after telling him I had a test ( while I was studying ) and wished me good luck

He texts me every other day and he used to always ask to see me a while back but I was busy with school however a few days ago I asked to see him this weekend which is now on Saturday and he said he might have to work late and would let me know so before yesterday I wanted too we if we were going out I told him if we are let me know or else I can make other plans he then said he would have to work late but then asked to see me on Friday instead ( which was yesterday) it was our first time going out alone I got to know him at my old gym he worked there

How can I know if he’s being friendly or is interested

Joedubya1421
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 2:38 pm #68333

Texting seems to be the goto form of contact these days….I hate it lol…..I guess it depends on the content and the nature of how far the texting has gone. Have you ever spoken on the phone? And what is quite a bit lately?

May just need to ask him lol….You never know until you ask….

ddpu93
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 3:41 pm #68341

You’re just going to have to ask. It is the easiest, quickest way to do it. It’s scary but just ask him.

saraxsa
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 3:57 pm #68347

I dont know if he’s the calling type , i mean i personally am not but that could change lol. I feel asking would be too risky and would hate to make things really bad between us

scottya
    scottya
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 8:19 pm #68353

Thing about sending text is people have time to think of a reaction rather than instant.i think. I would think if he’s being friendly emulate that. If hes showing interest, you show it in the same form. Maybe while all the while showing a bit of passiveness to keep him interested. Its easy to.say in words but a bit more diffulicult to put in application when some emotions are involved. Hope this helps, all the best.

JChristie
    JChristie
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 2:41 pm #68460

most guys i have known only do nice things for a gal they want to date. i think he’s interested in you still. you two need some face to face or telephone time. why don;t you suggest a telephone ‘date’?

CAgirl94
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 7:07 pm #68503

IMO If he is making the effort and talking to you, he is interested. Just give it time and flirt and see if he flirts back. Don’t stress too much.

Missat
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 10:04 pm #68510

I’d cut back on contact and see what happens. Don’t contact him for a week…. No matter what! See what happens 🙂