Does He Still Want To Build Something With Me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:47 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sunshine0716
    Participant
    July 10, 2015 at 11:07 am #82599

So, I met this guy back in January on a dating website. We had great conversation and kicked it off very well. We eventually got the the point where he said we should go out for drinks. I gave him my number and he called the very next day. I didn’t know it was him so I didn’t answer, then he text me right after. We started talking then a week later we met for drinks, that went well. We continued to talk and a few weeks later we went out to a little comedy club. After the show I asked what he was doing. He said he was going home to watch some movies. I was invited, I went. We watched two movies, fell asleep, woke up and had an intimate encounter. The next morning, we chatted for a while then I went home. I didn’t know how to feel after that but he called me so, I knew he had to want more than sex. We continued to hang more but the texting and calling started to slack. I guess because we were actually spending time together.

sunshine0716
    Participant
    July 10, 2015 at 11:08 am #82600

hen one week, he went out of town for training for his job, we talked the whole week while he was gone but when the weekend came, he was ghost. I texted, called and nothing. So I sent a really mean message and told him that I would just delete his number since he didn’t want to respond. He called me later that day and explained that he had to work that Saturday and he was just tired. I also asked what we were trying to do/be. He said friends trying to get to know each other and see where it goes. I accepted that because he pretty much said that we are going to see where things lead and that made sense because we were still getting to know one another. But then the following weekend he did the same thing and I texted and called and nothing. I didn’t trip until that Sunday when I saw that he had been online and on the dating site we met on. I couldn’t figure out why he had time to go online but not respond back to me. So I texted another mean message and even went as far as sending him a

TheMopPetal2
    Participant
    July 10, 2015 at 12:57 pm #82606

I am in a similar situation with a guy I’m kind of dating right now. The guy I’m dating was hurt both physically and emotionally by his last boyfriend and it caused him to put up walls around his heart. We met on a dating site as well and after a few days of talking on that site we exchanged numbers and I asked him out. I kept getting stood up by him everytime we tried to go on dates and I was stood up by him 3 or 4 times before we finally had our first date. We went on 2 more dates after that and then he started getting standoffish with me again. Needless to say, despite the fact that I’ve sent him 3 or 4 texts, last wednesday was the first time he text me in 2 weeks. The guy I’m dating hasn’t been on his dating profile in several weeks so I know he’s not playing games.

It sounds to me like the guy your dating does like you but he might feel like hes being pressured. Maybe try not contacting him for longer than you normally would and see if he tries to contact you.

sunshine0716
    Participant
    July 13, 2015 at 8:13 am #82601

After that, I did not hear from him for two weeks. I thought in my head that it was really over this time. But the third week I just sent a message and said hey, how have you been and he responded back. We have been texting back and forth since but only like 2-3 times a week. He just recently started back calling me the pet names he use to when we were on good terms. Even though he has started back calling me sweet names and what not, we have not made plans to hang out or anything. I know he says that he is still working crazy hours at his job but that’s all I know. I fell like we are getting back to a good place but I don’t know what he wants. Does he still want to try and build something with me?

sunshine0716
    Participant
    July 13, 2015 at 8:13 am #82603

a message on the website.

After that, I did not hear from him for two weeks. I thought in my head that it was really over this time. But the third week I just sent a message and said hey, how have you been and he responded back. We have been texting back and forth since but only like 2-3 times a week. He just recently started back calling me the pet names he use to when we were on good terms. Even though he has started back calling me sweet names and what not, we have not made plans to hang out or anything. I know he says that he is still working crazy hours at his job but that’s all I know. I fell like we are getting back to a good place but I don’t know what he wants. Does he still want to try and build something with me?

sunshine0716
    Participant
    July 13, 2015 at 8:13 am #82604

I can’t finish up.

wingywong
    Participant
    July 13, 2015 at 8:13 am #82635

if he’s not following up with any effort to take you out or get together with you in a non-sexual way then he is not interested in a relationship or building anything with you. he can make all the excuses he likes to keep you in his pocket but the big picture is he’s not interested in a relationship.

sunshine0716
    Participant
    July 13, 2015 at 8:14 am #82644

Don’t you hate when you really don’t know what they are thinking? I think he likes me as well. I wasn’t able to post everything that I wanted to, I guess I had a limit…lol. I have started to fall back, not texting him as much. We text maybe 2-3 times a week and I try to let him initiate more. We started with after 2 weeks of no talking after the me going off on him, we started with simple good morning texts and now they are starting to have more substance and he has started back calling me the pet names he use to. We even talked all night last night and this morning when he got in from work. I think now he is just taking it slow because I threw him off with the crazy texts and reactions. I can understand your guy friend being that way, he just wants to be careful and make sure his heart doesn’t get broken again. He will start to open up, I’m sure, Just continue to make him feel comfortable with you.