Does he think I'm a creep? Playing the staring game over here. Help?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:45 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Lonely_Girl
    Participant
    July 22, 2013 at 1:16 pm #35673

There’s this guy at my church who plays the guitar. I have a small crush on him, but I tend to stare often at him since I find him very attractive plus he’s right on stage so it’s sort of difficult to not look in his direction. I’ve noticed him looking back at me a few times, or at least it looks like he’s looking in my direction. One time when I sat closer to him, we made eye contact, and he kept staring at me for a few seconds. It was too intense for me so I couldn’t look back or even do something like smile. Also, usually before the worship service starts, the chorus and the band gather in a prayer circle. In one of these instances when he was in the prayer circle, he was standing with his back to me, but I suppose he felt me staring at him so he looked quickly at me then turned away. Thing is I would like to know if he’s looking at me because he also likes me back? Or do I actually creep him out? I’m wondering if he’s just trying to catch me in the act? I did notice he’s been walking by my row before the service begins (not right by me though, just by the area where I’m sitting). I’m assuming to take a leak before getting back on stage (sorry for being blunt). What do you think? Does it seem like I have a chance with him? Or does he think I’m a freak? I’m a little dense when it comes to this kind of stuff (haven’t dated in a long while so I’ve completely lost my touch) so any advice you can provide would be great. Thanks!

Lonely_Girl
    Participant
    July 23, 2013 at 8:38 am #35760

Also, I wanted to add something I hadn’t stated before: see I have big problem. See, I actually have a facial scar. It’s not big, not a gash, and it’s on the peripheral of my face but it’s still noticeable from up close. I usually wear makeup but even then you can still see it because of its shape. That’s why I haven’t bothered to approach him or something. I’m so scared that once he sees the scar, I’ll scare him away. This actually depresses me. Because I’m too scared of taking a chance out of fear of how he will judge/perceive me due to the scar but then again, I don’t know whether he’ll be more accepting and actually turn out to be the love of my life. What would you do?