Does he want a relationship or just sex?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:12 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

akitty07
    Participant
    November 6, 2015 at 3:17 pm #88057

I met this guy on okc about a month ago. We hit it off pretty quickly and agreed to meet for coffee to start with. We ended up talking for two hours and had some good conversation with only a few awkward lulls. At first I thought he wasn’t interested because he didn’t contact me after our coffee date for a few days. But then he randomly texted me and asked to set up another date. So we went on another date to a nice restaurant (he bought dinner, I bought drinks) and afterwards we walked on the beach at night, holding hands. We did end up making out on the beach for a bit. It was a great night overall, we talked a lot and it felt very comfortable. I did imply to him on this date that I’ve never been in a relationship before and that I was a virgin, and he seemed okay with this. For our third date, he invited me over to his place to make dinner. I pretty much figured he was inviting me over because he wanted to have sex, but I made sure to firmly tell him what I was okay with. We did

akitty07
    Participant
    November 6, 2015 at 3:24 pm #88058

have a bit of fun-but no sex. He did try to get me to spend the night, but I knew better than to do that. He did say before I left that he wanted to see me again, and he walked me back to my car and we shared a few goodnight kisses. But I still have no clue what he’s thinking. I’m no prude, and I’m not saving myself till marriage. I would actually like to have sex with this guy, just when I’m ready. I feel comfortable with him and like him a lot. But if he just wants me for sex then I rather not get involved any further. I’m looking for a potential relationship, and he knows that. I’m not the kind of girl that’s going to trap him in one after we have sex, but I would like to know whether he sees a potential for a relationship as well. Any advice on how I should bring up this question to him? I feel like it’s too early to ask, and I don’t want to scare him off if he thinks I’m trying to get him to become serious too fast. I don’t mind us having fun, but I want to know where he stands.

btam
    Participant
    November 7, 2015 at 3:16 am #88086

You will soon come to know whether he wants only sex or he really likes you. Meet couple more times and analyze what he expects from you.

Anonymous
    November 7, 2015 at 9:40 am #88091

To save both your time and his, it’s best to be up front about your intentions for a serious, long-term relationship (that could potentially lead to marriage?). There are guys looking for those kinds of relationships too, so don’t waste your time or emotional energy on someone who doesn’t.

mellycruz92
    Participant
    November 8, 2015 at 3:00 pm #88106

Don’t rush into sex for any guy, it’s not worth it. If he really values you, he will stick around and wait. Sex should be the icing on the cake, not the main thing that he is after.