DATING ADVICE FORUM

Does he want to be exclusive?

Author
    Comments

• lillypad494
    Participant
    September 5, 2016 at 4:42 pm #110532
    Does he want to be exclusive?

I started hooking up with this guy on and off last spring at school. We’ve been back at school now for a week and have hooked up four times. His friends say he likes me but doesn’t want anything serious. He has also told me that he doesn’t want anything serious because he just got out of a 3 year relationship, yet he always tells me he hopes I don’t hookup with anyone else. We don’t talk at all during the week, only on the weekends to hookup. He’s pretty nice but touchy feely when he’s around me too. He says weird stuff like “I hope you come to my basketball games” “We’ll have sleepovers soon” . He also said that he is only hooking up with me right now and no one else, but that he and his gf are like on a break while they’re away at school and that they talk. I am confused, because i do want to something a little more serious than what he wants. I want to explore my other options even though i do like him. Do you think he just wants a steady hookup on the weekends?

Winry
    Winry
    Participant
    September 5, 2016 at 11:05 pm #110536

He just wants a steady hookup on the weekends. If you want something more serious then you should look someplace else.

Terry
    Participant
    September 6, 2016 at 2:33 pm #110602

Let me get this straight: He doesn’t want you to hook up with anyone else, but he doesn’t want to see you exclusively. In other words, you should be available for only him, but can keep his options open and see whomever he pleases.

He’s greedy and gross.

Do yourself a favor and stop over analyzing this situation. Stop talking to his friends. When a guy wants to be exclusive, believe me, he’ll make sure you know it. You won’t have to form a committee to figure it out.

If you want a serious relationship, stop seeing this joker and make yourself available for someone who’s right for you. You deserve better.

VariousMatters
    Participant
    September 7, 2016 at 3:35 am #110639

This guy is the poster boy of so many things I can’t say on this thread. He is basically telling you that he is using you and doesn’t want to share you. I’d advise you to get rid of this one because you are putting yourself out there as a “usable girl” and that doesn’t gain you any respect. If you had an understanding, that hardly ever stays that way, where you agree to something that isn’t serious, then it can work. I think you should tell him that you are going to explore your options, that will make his blood boil.

contented32
    Participant
    September 7, 2016 at 4:42 pm #110738

From a guys point of view. If he really wants you he will be keen as mustard and chasing hard. I’d look elsewhere and don’t let anybody waste your time.

LGconfused
    Participant
    September 9, 2016 at 9:20 am #110876

OK he said he and his GF are on a break..that right there is a huge red flag that this guy does not want anything serious with you. He is simply sending you mixed signals so you assume you and him have something special but at the same time saying he has someone else.

I would let this guy go….this is simply a FWB and he could be making those statements because he doesn’t want you sleeping with others when your sleeping with him.