Does I'm busy mean no?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Does I'm busy mean no?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

yankee13
    Participant
    May 3, 2013 at 2:11 am #30383
    Does I'm busy mean no?

Sorry if this is a re-post but I’m new. I’m in college right now and this last semester I’ve had a couple classes with a female friend of mine. Before this semester we were friends but more as parts of the bigger group of our friends. This semester though it seemed as if we hit things off. We sat next to each other in class and talked everyday and texted fairly regularly all of which was mutually initiated. The last few weekends its developed into she’d text me about if I would be hanging out at my buddies place, who is her neighbor and ground zero for our group of friends. This last weekend she made a point of coming over to my buddies when it was just a couple of us hanging out and nothing was really going on. She also made the point of asking if I’d want to get together and study before our finals this week, which we did and everything went fine and it seemed to go well from my perspective. So after our first final I finish before her and hang back to ask her out to a movie once finals were done. She says that she might have some stuff going on but that it sounded like fun, smiled, and then said she’d get back to me. The next day she texts me that she’s super busy and probably doesn’t have time to do a movie before she leaves campus for the summer (we’re at a rural university and everyone goes back home as soon as finals are done). She ends the text with a strange frown-face. I’ve known her to use emoto-cons before but its really not her thing and threw me for a loop. My question is, did I get the signals wrong and shes just letting me down easy because were friends or is she trying to hint that I should ask her out again when she isn’t so busy? Could really use some advice, any would help. Thanks.

g_whiz
    Participant
    May 4, 2013 at 5:09 pm #30448

YES

yankee13
    Participant
    May 5, 2013 at 2:29 am #30456

could you elaborate?

hundtington
    hundtington
    Participant
    May 6, 2013 at 6:12 pm #30478

yea, ask her out again if you can. She seems bummed she can’t meet with you but since you’re new “friendship” is kind of dispensable after school lets out she won’t show much interest if she’s going home right after school is out. If you can tell her in person try to say you’d really like to take her out on a date and leave the ball in her court. She seems interested…