Does it matter is she seldom initiates texting but always responds?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:34 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sindu5673
    Participant
    June 14, 2015 at 9:50 pm #80866

Hello all,
    I recently met this girl, we hit it off and I ended up asking for her number. A couple of days later I started texting her she replied within minutes and we had full conversations. Every few days I would text again and I asked her out to get coffee which she agreed. The date went pretty good, she said was happy to see me.I was again the one texting her first to say I had a good time, she quickly replied that had a good time too, we chit chat, she teases me in a cute way. I started being more flirty with her, calling her cute names and again she replies by the same token.
    I have been almost always the one initiating contact, out of 10 convos she would initiate not more than 1 or 2. I decided to test her by not starting anything it’s been almost a week and I haven’t heard from her.
    I have been thinking she was interested in me at least to some extent but I know some girls just text and date because out of boredom or because they are push over.
    What do you think?

plinky
    Participant
    June 14, 2015 at 10:56 pm #80875

If she was genuinely interested in you, she would be initiating conversations. Some girls just like the attention and flirt back for the fun of it.

iamvalentin
    Participant
    June 15, 2015 at 9:40 pm #81029

I agree with plinky. She might just want attention. On the other hand she is used to you starting the conversation, and you stopped texting for no apparent reason (that she knows of). She may just not know how to react/thinks you’re not interested anymore.

amypaige
    Participant
    June 16, 2015 at 2:17 pm #81111

I don’t think you have anything to worry about. Maybe i’m the wrong person to answer this but I am very traditional and expect the man to initiate contact majority of the time. If things are still somewhat new between y’all, I would continue to initiate contact especially if she is returning everything and flirting back with you. As a woman who is afraid of looking clingy, I would be afraid of annoying the guy and sometimes it just gets pounded in our heads that “if he wants to talk to you, he will”. So anyways, I wouldn’t worry unless she stops seeming interested when y’all talk. If she didn’t like you she wouldn’t bother going out with you.

IronWardog91
    Participant
    June 17, 2015 at 12:55 am #81157

It depends on the girl.

Like some have said, some girls expect the man to initiate conversation. That’s just a centuries-old tradition that is still pretty common.

Or, she might really not be that into you. If this were the case though, she’d make up excuses to avoid hanging out and stuff like that. I’m inclined to think it’s the first scenario.

rabijagga
    Participant
    June 17, 2015 at 5:43 am #81159

Since she responds,you should not be bothered if she does not text you back.Using this as a yardstick to conclude that she is not interested in you is too early.Talk to her about the importance of frequent communication in building a stronger relationship.Depending on her degree of exposure with other friends she might have that believe that it is wrong to be calling or texting men first.Ignore her not texting you first.Take that responsibility. What you raising is a trivial issue.Remember,You are a man.

Octagon
    Participant
    June 17, 2015 at 9:28 am #81161

Many females of all ages like the man to take the lead and this girl of yours seems to fall into that category. If she did not like you she would not of replied to your texts or gone out with you for dinner or a coffee in the first place . Not everyone can start a successful conversation off, they like to join in as it goes on. Maybe she is a bit ‘word shy’ does not know what to put to start a text off, but can happily reply and follow your lead. The big danger here is if you do not send that first text and leave it for days before you do she will start to think you have lost interest in her. Do not read too much into it, text her and get on with forming a relationship between you. As time goes by and she feels more comfortable with you she will text first as much as you do now.

franz1225
    Participant
    June 17, 2015 at 10:43 pm #81287

mechanic34
    Participant
    June 19, 2015 at 12:33 pm #81338

Personally sounds like she classified you as a friend. Have you tried making a move? I usually try for a kiss on the first date, succeed or fail she then knows your intentions with her. I learned a ton of information here http://www.gamechangedating.com/wordpress/texting-a-girl-the-dos-and-donts/
    Helped me get my gf interested in me, so maybe itll help ya

Loomis
    Participant
    June 20, 2015 at 4:46 pm #81384
    Reply To: Does it matter is she seldom initiates texting but always responds?

Some people are more outgoing than others. it could well be she prefers you to initiate contact right now. I wouldn’t read a lot more into than that for now.