Does it seem like I have a shot?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:21 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

decoma87
    Participant
    December 20, 2015 at 11:35 pm #90352

Last night I was just at a small get together with about ten kids at my friends house. I am in high school by the way. And this girl that I’ve liked for awhile just randomly said that she wanted to hook up with me (make out with me).” A million things went through my head and I smiled a huge smile. I asked her if she wanted to go to another room and she said that she would rather do it another time because there were too many people at the house we were at. Then after we left I texted her later that night asking if she actually still wanted to make out and she said “I don’t know I think my friend likes you”. How am I supposed to make sense of this? Does she still want to make out with me? Why would she tell me she wanted to but then later say I don’t know?

featherwink
    featherwink
    Participant
    December 21, 2015 at 9:01 am #90354

Because in the meantime her friend told her that she (the friend) likes you, which in girl-world means ‘hands off, he’s mine, even though he’s just mine in my head’…

Sad but true…it’s nothing personal…quite likely the girl you like really does like you back and if you stay friendly and be a gentleman (i.e. don’t hook up with her friend), then there’s a good chance her friend that likes you and is preventing her from reciprocating with you will move on once she realizes you aren’t interested, and from there, you can pick up where things left off with the one you really like…

retread
    Participant
    December 21, 2015 at 10:14 pm #90399

She could have also been trying to pull the bait and switch. girls at that age are maniacs, just like guys. Crush it with the other girl and see what happens. you’re young, you aren’t going to marry them. I wish I did it more in high school instead of putting too much thought into it.

Relationup
    Participant
    December 21, 2015 at 10:35 pm #90402

It is hard to understand her motivations here. On the one hand, she could like you but be having second thoughts about her offer because she now knows that her friend likes you. On the other hand, I am sorry to say that she could just be playing with you. She asks to make out but says later and then also postpones it further. You gave it a shot by asking her if she was still interested and showing her that you were into her. However, I would suggest that you don’t chase her any further and see what she does next. You have done enough. If she is truly interested then you will hear from her again. Good luck!

nonamejackson21
    Participant
    December 22, 2015 at 7:32 pm #90433

I think she wants to make out with you but because her friend likes you she doesn’t want to act upon her feelings for you and possibly lose her friend. Definitely wait around to see what happens next to find out more about the situation. Maybe she will get over her friend and pursue you anyway. Don’t seem desperate or needy for her, it will just turn her off. If she really is interested, she will come around eventually, but don’t completely cut her off.