Does she like me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Does she like me?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:36 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Nothingreally
    Participant
    December 29, 2014 at 3:41 am #69695
    Does she like me?

OK so I have a girl I have gone out with several times and I have known her for 4 or so months.
    She is extremely shy (it doesn’t help that I also am a bit)

We hold hands and hug and I take her out, she also has invited me out to lunch twice for special occasions (Family members birthday etc)
    But she never texts me first (don’t get me wrong, she ALWAYS texts back)

She also never talks and is hard to make a conversation with, even when she is with her family or friends she is like this, so I don’t think much of it. If me and her are sitting alone having lunch she starts to talk a lot.
    But my main reason for asking this question is..

About a month or so ago I asked her is she liked me and that I liked her, She said she does in a friendly way and was unsure if it could lead to more.
    I stopped talking to her for a while after that because I thought she didn’t like me and I was annoying her.

More in post 2

Nothingreally
    Participant
    December 29, 2014 at 3:41 am #69696

We ran into each other and she invited me out again (to a family lunch), I went because I didn’t want to seem rude and that I still like her.

My theory is that if she didn’t like me she would of invited someone else to go with her.
    I stopped texting her for a while but because she never texts me first we never really spoke for a while (This was when I said I liked her)

I am unsure if she likes me or not and would like other peoples opinions, I thought that if she didn’t like me she wouldn’t text me or go out with me.

I think the main reason for the confusion is because of how shy she is.

Thanks for reading.

mikebernsten
    Participant
    December 29, 2014 at 5:51 am #69700

As far as I have ever heard, if they say they only like you as friends then they only like you that way. There is a chance though. Try to take conversations with her in the direction of flirty, a little naughty maybe. Try being close to her and having intimate touching or brushing of the body. Maybe she reacts favorably then you can tell she does like you.
    If you need to change her feeling toward you then you can. Start by using good body language and being confident. Make sure you look good in your clothing and hair. Brush up on your grammar and speak well. What some people don’t realize is that women truly do like a well spoken man.
    Take it from there. Look-up some good dating advice like wing girl marni or someone like her website. All in all they give decent tips. Try those and take your chances.
    Whatever happens, don’t cause drama or make yourself appear foolish or pathetic.
    Goodluck

chloedermas
    Participant
    December 30, 2014 at 7:53 am #69726

My theory is that why bother spending your precious time with someone you don’t like?
    But the “like” I am mentioning here can be two ways: 1) like as a friend 2) like as more than friends.

Maybe this is your time to really find out how she truly feels about you.

Squiggy2
    Participant
    December 30, 2014 at 5:20 pm #69746

if you really do like her, i’d say be more forward with her and see what happens. you guys have already hung out, why not be a bit more forward an show her you like her? I liked a guy a few years ago who did like me to an extent aka thought I was attractive and liked hanging out with me BUT he didn’t want to pursue anything. Basically he didn’t like me enough. Perhaps it’s that annoying thing where she likes you, she likes spending time with you, but she doesn’t want a serious relationship? If you like her, try until you find out the truth.
    Good luck!