Does she like me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Does she like me?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jackaquack
    Participant
    May 29, 2016 at 1:19 am #101597
    Does she like me?

So this girl and I started talking last week, and we ended up going to the movies last night. To keep things short, she’s the most amazing girl I have ever met and blows all of the other ones away. She is everything I want in a girl and in my eyes she’s perfect (I feel like this is a sign I’m obsessed). I have a player reputation amongst others but after last night, I have had strong intentions on dating her and want focus only on her.

Back to the movie, things went perfect the whole drive there, at the movie, and the whole drive back to her place. No awkward moments, and she didn’t give off any negative energy. I’m concerned I didn’t seal the deal because the movie we went to was really crowded so all I did was wrap my arm around her, and since there were people directly behind us, I didn’t kiss her. She still enjoyed my arm but I wanted to go further. Neither of us have mentioned anything about having feelings for one another, and I wanted to last night, but since it was

Jackaquack
    Participant
    May 29, 2016 at 1:19 am #101598

our first “hangout,” I didn’t wanna come on too strong. When I took her home we literally sat in my car for around 45 minutes just talking because we were both so engaged in our conversation XD.

Outside of last night, I offered to hang out with her today, but her brother is in town so she’s busy. Even though I feel like I’m obsessed inside, I never act clingy over text with her and text her just as much as she does. I’m just not sure when the right time to admit my feelings to her is, because I don’t know if she’s still trying to figure out what she thinks of me. I’m going to be on a ten day vacation tomorrow, so should that give her enough time to decide how she feels about me? This is getting really long and it’s probably because I’m overthinking the whole situation, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Do you think she likes me? Am I overthinking all of this or obsessed? Thank you 😉

Gimly161
    Participant
    May 29, 2016 at 12:49 pm #101600

well first of all if she didn’t reject your arm she does not not like you. And second ignore all the people around you.

After your 10 day trip you shouldn’t directly admit your feelings. Like a wise man once said to me:” A relationship is like a war and the girl you like is the opponent, when you tell the girl you like her you shoot all your ammunition at once. And if that isn’t enough you will lose her.” what he meant is that you need to wait to tell her until you are certain that that shot will be the final shot to win the “war”.

Just like if you see a cute girl on the street and you walk up to her and tell her:”He I like you, do you want to be my girlfriend?” she will say no. BUT if you ask for her number, and get it, and ask her out A FEW TIMES, she might say yes.

my “conclusion” is wait till you are back from your trip. Ask her out again and if she gives signs (look at wikihow “How to Know if a Girl Likes You”) you should say at the end of that date that you like her

Jackaquack
    Participant
    May 31, 2016 at 8:56 am #101602

Very nice answer. Definitely will do.

LuxuriousLux
    Participant
    June 1, 2016 at 12:37 am #101752

She’s most definitely interested in you. I think your situation in the theater was good actually. Even though you wanted to move quicker, it might be good sometimes to just go slow, especially if you have a strong interest in this girl. After your vacation, try to find something else for you guys to do. Taking a walk around your favorite place may be just the thing to do. Especially if you wanna say something along the lines of “I missed being able to see you these last ten days, but I really enjoyed our time at the theater and in my car and I’d like to have more dates with you like that, but as my girlfriend.” you can of course work out any kinks you want, but that’s always a surefire way to have her say Yes.

mali6862
    Participant
    June 1, 2016 at 11:40 pm #101927

i think yes she likes you.

Tinqle
    Tinqle
    Participant
    June 2, 2016 at 9:11 pm #102057

Its always a good sign when conversation flows naturally.

Anonymous
    June 5, 2016 at 12:20 am #102181

Before you do anything….I strongly suggest you get a grip. You are “obsessed”. I know she feels like she is the perfect girl for you, but I PROMISE there are a gazillion flaws. The moment a guy puts me on a pedastal is the moment I walk away. I”m interested in a guy who sees everything about me…especially where I’m messy…and then if he still thinks I”m amazing and vice versa…it’s a good start. The thing is…when a guy starts complimenting me in ways that I haven’t really earned yet…I lose a bit of respect for him. For example..compliments like “You are so amazing” or “You are incredible” or “You are the best thing that ever happened to me” etc…when you give those compliments in the very beginning, they are empty. You haven’t spend enough time with someone to say those kinds of things. It needs to be earned to spending time together, seeing each other’s moods, good day AND bad days. THEN you can say someone is amazing because you have seen the bigger picture.

Anonymous
    June 5, 2016 at 12:26 am #102182

Your danger is that you are in fantasy land with this girl. Not to say that she isn’t amazing and perfect for you, but you don’t know that yet!!! You only went on 1 date! So my advice is to get a grip and take it slow. If you don’t, I GUARANTEE it will be a crash and burn type situation. No girl respects a guy who who is too eager. It’s exhausting! So play it simple. Tell her you would like to see her again when you get back from your vacation. NOTHING MORE!!! Then while on vacation, if you can, keep in contact every once in awhile. Send pics or just say hello so she keeps being reminded that you are thinking about her. Then when you get back, take her on a date and go one step at a time. Keep it real….remember she has baggage like every other human being does, so slap yourself upside the head everytime you start to fantasize about her. It’s not real and nor is it fair to her to be idealized.

Melody
    Participant
    June 14, 2016 at 6:11 pm #103355
    Reply To: Does she like me?

It does sounds like she’s interested in you, however I agree with the above answer. ^

Jfk1996
    Participant
    June 15, 2016 at 9:13 pm #103440

Hmmmm

xfile
    Participant
    June 21, 2016 at 9:40 am #103756

Since she did not reject your arms, you have a good chance that she is interested but I think you need to give it more time and space to take things further. Be patient.

Rdusmc86
    Participant
    June 21, 2016 at 4:23 pm #103780

She accepted your arm around her and spent 45 minutes talking so I’ll go with yes, she likes you.

cthane
    Participant
    June 21, 2016 at 8:33 pm #103813

If a girl is nicer and friendlier to you than she is to every other guy than most likely she is into you.