DATING ADVICE FORUM

Does she like me or him?

Author
    Comments

• strudelsnatcher
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 3:12 pm #136316
    Does she like me or him?

So in one of my classes there’s this girl who I’m interested in, and I’m wondering if she’s interested in me as well, however I’m not sure if she’s interested in this other guy. The class we’re in this semester is the first one we’ve had together—we didn’t know each other until this course—and we’ve gotten along great throughout it, joking around a good deal with one another and whatnot. The main thing that pushed me into the “she likes me” camp is that last week I had to dress up for class (dress shirt, dress pants, dress shoes, belt), and right after she entered the room and took her seat she looked over at me, smiled and said (right in front of her friends) “wow [my name] you look really good, like *really* good.” From there, our class had to go into another room and after going in, rather than sitting with her friends she asked me where I wanted to sit and took a seat right next to me. That’s mainly it that day, aside from joking around with one another throughout the class period.

strudelsnatcher
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 3:13 pm #136317

The thing is, though, there’s this other guy in our class who I’m not really sure if she has feelings for him or not. They don’t sit near each other in class, but I’ve overheard one or two of their conversations and it sounds like they’ve done at least one thing over the weekend with one another (others may have been involved too though—I’m not sure it was just them). The other day in class he sort of snuck up behind her at the beginning and they briefly hugged, but they didn’t sit next to each other after that at all or anything. That’s really it though—her, this other guy, and me were all part of an in-class group together yet she almost always sat next to me and interacted with me more.

Are the two of them just friends? Does she have feelings for me?

anonymous
    Participant
    May 12, 2017 at 4:34 pm #136333

I think the fact that she chose to sit next to you instead of her friends shows that she likes you. Unless you have absolute proof that she was involved with that other guy, they could be just friends. A lot of girls casually hug their guy friends, including me, so it doesn’t necessary mean that she likes him. The only thing that might not be a good sign is the fact that she said you looked really good in front her friends. Unless she is really really really close with them and tells them everything or she is really outgoing, usually someone wouldn’t say something like that unless it’s just casual and not a sign of interest. Anyways, good luck and remember to show interest in her as well!

lovie4you
    lovie4you
    Participant
    May 13, 2017 at 9:03 am #136365

It does sound like this girl is showing more interest in you than the guy, a lot of women will go out with other guys a brief hug is only a friendship hug. Just show a lot of interest in her always be a gentleman and treat with respect the most important thing is to be a good listener, women like that. Now you know what she likes having you dress up and that by you dressing up it shows her that you know how to take care of yourself. If you can take care of yourself you can take care of her, I don’t think you have anything to worry about/

strudelsnatcher
    Participant
    May 13, 2017 at 1:31 pm #136370

The only thing that might not be a good sign is the fact that she said you looked really good in front her friends. Unless she is really really really close with them and tells them everything or she is really outgoing, usually someone wouldn’t say something like that unless it’s just casual and not a sign of interest.

She is somewhat outgoing, and speaks out loud in class fairly often. I think it’s interesting that just a couple minutes after saying I looked good she specifically asked me where I wanted to sit and took the seat right next to me.