Does she like me? What do I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:27 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Confused 223
    Participant
    January 14, 2017 at 6:33 am #123041

Started working with a new team for the past 6 months, there’s a very strong sense of hierarchy but we all work closely together, I’m the most junior member in the team. There’s this woman who is one of the most senior person, I do not know what’s her orientation, other members says that she never chats with them, has a very high standard and never give compliments. Someone mentioned to me that she likes me a few weeks ago and I assume that means she likes me as a team member. Recently I noticed that she has been initiating conversations with me about her family in America and her trips aboard, she has also started complimenting me e.g. ‘she’s good’ ‘she’s a hard worker’ ‘always a delight to have you’. I really like her but can’t figure out if she actually likes me back or just like me as a person? I’m not even sure if she likes girl! what do I do?

carol1973
    carol1973
    Participant
    January 14, 2017 at 10:09 am #123053

I would definitely find out if she likes girls before you do anything else, especially since she’s your work superior. It could end badly, if not. Even besides that, how frustrating would it be to pursue a woman who ends up not liking woman?

yogamindgirl
    yogamindgirl
    Participant
    January 16, 2017 at 3:19 pm #123179

I’d say try to make eye contact. Those eye duets where your eyes meet for just a second longer than normal. A woman who has no interest will smile politely and look away and it will feel like just a normal exchange. But if she keeps your gaze for a second or more than normal – you’ll feel it!! If that goes well, compliment her contributions to the team as a leader. Every girl likes to be noticed. When I see someone I like I make sure that they see the happiest part of me if possible. A real genuine smile. That way she’ll start to know you are happy and if she’s into you too, she’ll be more at ease. Good luck!!

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 10:27 pm #123610

okay red alert red alert….

firstly to get involved romantically with somebody who is your superior at work or may have influence over your career is a VERY VERY VERY BAD IDEA for the both of you. Sexual harrassment laws come into play like WILDFIRE here! Even if its innocent — let’s just say you do get into a realtionsihp. then it goes bad (as most relationships go) – THATS when it becomes uncomfy and what happens now — will it be so bad that it affects her judgement on your career? NOT GOOD.

So right off the bat.. I SAY AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE and let it go! The law and the company will probaly agree with me too.

#2 nothing i’ve heard tells me she is interested in you as anythnig more than a positive team member at work. those are things people say when they have a good, productive employee! that’s a far cry from “love relationsihp”.

#3 DO NOT bring this up to anybody at work b/c it will set off alarms to HR due to harrassment potential issues. it would be BAD to bring up

Maxima47
    Maxima47
    Participant
    January 25, 2017 at 2:05 pm #124476

Personally, I’ve never liked the idea of mixing business with pleasure. It can make the work place hostile, especially if things are misunderstood. If I were in your shoes, I’d continued on doing a great job at work. Most importantly, don’t listen to work rumors these hardly hold much truth.