Does she really like me? (Friend Zone)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

michael
    Participant
    September 22, 2013 at 10:54 pm #39508

One of my c lose friends is a total flirt, and last year she was very flirty towards me in particular, so I took her to prom but didn’t ask her out until after prom because I didn’t want things to get weird in case she said no, but when I asked her out, she kinda avoided me, so I kinda got over her.
    This new school year she has been texting me almost every day joking around and being a lot more flirty than last year. So I just asked her if she wanted to go out.
    “Do you want to go out or are you just being the same old flirty you?” and she replied “hahah nah im just being weird.”
    She is part of my close group of friends so I can’t really ignore her, and I still like her, and she couldn’t go a day without texting me and fishing for compliments…

I honestly have no idea what to do…
    Please Help!

Sid Arthur
    Sid Arthur
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:12 pm #40031

Sounds like she is the kind of girl that just likes to know there is someone waiting in the wings to adore her. If she was serious about you she would answer your very direct question with the truth instead of fluff. I would say move on.

ICantSpell
    ICantSpell
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:18 pm #40050

I agree with sid arthur. this girl wants attention, nothing else. can still be friends with her but it looks like she would need to make some changes before she would be dateable.

theABQ
    theABQ
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:21 pm #40060

a lot of girls are like that – they just luv gettin attention from dudes. If she’s a friend, then you shouldn’t date her anyway. don’t want to ruin your frienship. be yourself around her and be nice but don’t get you’re hopes up about something happening

onlinegirl
    onlinegirl
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:27 pm #40076

a lot of girls are like that – they just luv gettin attention from dudes. If she’s a friend, then you shouldn’t <nobr>date her</nobr> anyway. don’t want to ruin your frienship. be yourself around her and be nice but don’t get you’re hopes up about something happening

I think you’re just generalizing. I don’t do that to guys. Actually guys tend to take everything girls to as if they are into them which isn’t always the case. He should talk to her and give her a chance. What’s he got to lose?

HHB
    Participant
    November 9, 2013 at 7:48 pm #42657

As a female: I’m telling you she just likes the attention and is not attracted to you. That’s why she’s playing games. she doesn’t to answer you directly in case you stop giving her the same attention. that’s why she was flirting harder the 2nd time around after you ignored. let her go, move on.

Disturbed2003
    Participant
    November 10, 2013 at 12:46 am #42660

Hate to say it, but she is most definitely messing with you :(. I know plenty of girls like this, and I am one of the “Nice guys” that they can always go to for this kind of thing. She knows you won’t ignore her and that she has this effect on you. My advice is really work hard on yourself and understand that letting a girl do that to you is super unhealthy, especially when you do find someone who actually wants to be with you. Once that happens this girl will go all out to make sure she keeps you right where she wants you. Best of luck.

michael
    Participant
    November 10, 2013 at 9:43 am #42665

Thanks everyone for the help!

She has told me she likes me too, however she tells me she’s in a “legitimate relationship” with her best friend, who is a girl, even though she is not a lesbian.
    We hold hands and cuddle a ton, and I even kissed her after she told me she wanted to kiss me but couldn’t because of her “relationship”.

Anyway it is clear that this isn’t a great situation because we will never be able to be official (her friend hates it when we spend time together and she gets upset with her) and then the girl I like is upset and ends up saying stupid things that leads me to believe that she just wants to be friends, but when I ask her she says she doesn’t know what she wants.
    I have two options, either I leave her alone until she figures out what she wants, or I continue what is going on now and hope that her friend sees that we really like each other and accepts it.

What should i do?

carmelsweetz77
    Participant
    November 12, 2013 at 8:55 am #42685

Honestly, you need to leave this girl alone. She is very indecisive on what it is she wants. Why give yourself a headache for no reason. If she started out as friend then I would leave it at that. She is just using you for her pleasure and your torment. So not cool in my book. If anyone that does that to a person is NOT considered a friend. She knows it bothers you. Trust me…I’m a woman. So my advice to you…leave her alone. Act like what she is doing doesn’t even phase you. She will catch the drift soon enough and things will get back to normal real quick.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  carmelsweetz77. Reason: misspelled words

JRyder27
    Participant
    November 12, 2013 at 11:09 am #42697
    Reply To: Does she really like me? (Friend Zone)

I personally hate playing games bro, so I would definitely move on from this. This relationship with her best friend thing also sounds weird and is basically an excuse not to commit to anything. To me, it seems like she just wants you as something on the side. Been there done that dude, it doesn’t end well.

Anonymous
    November 15, 2013 at 11:45 pm #42950

The greatest tragedy for a guy is to get into the friend zone with the girl with whom he’s dying to date.
    Most decent guys become the victims of this tragedy.
    To save yourself, you got to be particularly careful in the way you approach a girl, communicate with her.

I myself had been a victim, but not any more. There are some really nice people who take time and effort to share their advice to people like me. One such resourceful stuff that really helped me to get over the friend zone thing and actually start dating the girls of my choice.
    I have now began to share the same stuffs that helped me. Here is the link:

https://gumroad.com/l/hedF

I am sure this one is going to be of immense help to you too.

nianadas
    nianadas
    Participant
    November 17, 2013 at 5:36 am #42963

i will agree with the other .dating some one and live that person alone is not good at all.

nianadas
    nianadas
    Participant
    November 17, 2013 at 5:38 am #42964

yes some thing they do but we then a sort time then they started living you alone

nianadas
    nianadas
    Participant
    November 17, 2013 at 5:39 am #42965

yes she do and what about you