Does she seem interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:56 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

steinbiz
    Participant
    January 11, 2013 at 3:32 pm #20466

I’m in a play with this girl and ever since the beginning of rehearsals we’ve been good friends. We talk between scenes with each other laughing, smiling and just goofing around talking about nothing really. I seem to make her really fidgety and nervous. And she always seems to try and be around me and talk to me. We’re both really interested in the Theater business and seem to be both really similar.

So after a few weeks of this, I asked her out(a movie). She said it sounded fun but she was going to be busy for the entire Christmas weekend but maybe after Christmas. I thought, OK that’s fine. A week goes by, I ask her again(real casual). She says that she’s got this piano thing but she’ll let me know if she’s free sometime over the weekend. No response by phone or facebook. (at this point I’m thinking maybe it’s a “no go”). She finally responds through facebook saying she’s sorry for the late response, but she had to babysit due to her sister having food poisoning or w/e. So I just respond and say “Oh that’s fine. Sorry to hear that. Cya at rehearsal.

For the past week, we’re still good friends, no awkwardness between us. But she hasn’t brought up “going out” with me at all. Does it sound like she’s just not interested? Or maybe she has had very inconvenient events lately? Playing “hard-to-get”?

turboskooter
    Participant
    January 21, 2013 at 11:21 pm #20870

Difficult to tell. I’ve had situations like this, and the best option would be to directly approach her. Though this may be very intimidating to you, it really shows your intentions and that’s the only way to truly know. Don’t be the guy who contemplates whether or not she likes you, for it will drive you insane.

steinbiz
    Participant
    January 22, 2013 at 12:20 am #20875

Yeah, it’s been about 2.5-3 weeks now and still nothing. I’m still not sure if I should just approach her and make it blatantly obvious. Or give it more time. But then I think-it’s been about 3 weeks of nothing from her-so maybe it really is a no go.

On the other hand, apparently her dad is very strict. He’s very strict with her about rules, she has a 10:30 curfew, and she’s not even aloud to watch Family Guy. So I was also wondering maybe she’s just not aloud to date because of her dad.

spoodle
    Participant
    January 24, 2013 at 5:49 pm #21190

I was ready to say she’s not into you but if there’s a strict dad in the picture and it seems like she’s a bit shy, it might be the real reason she’s not willing to open up. Instead of inviting her to a serious date (one on one) invite her to a group one. That way, she’s comfortable to go with another friend, AND she can tell pops it’s with a group of people, not just you. I’m not saying take complete advantage of her away from theatre class and her dad, but instead try to get to know her when she’s able to let loose a little with friends.

Any school sports games you can watch? Doesn’t sound like you’re old enough for a bar, but if there’s a family restaurant you all can have appetizers and socialize, I’m sure you’ll have a great time. After all of this kind of stuff, you still have to take it slow with her. If you’re interested in seeing how things can work, she’ll want you to go at her pace. Only do so if YOU want to though.

Baby steps my friend, baby steps.