Does she still like me? Or just being nice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:18 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ScaryTimes
    Participant
    March 5, 2016 at 4:18 pm #95037

I married my high school sweetheart and i havent dated in 25 years! I have been div now for 4 years and thought it was time to get out there. I found this girl online that i really like. We texted for about 3 weeks nonstop all day. Like a couple of high schoolers. It was great but hard to get anything done at work lol. Anyway, last saturday we finally met. We, I thought, had a good time, but since then the text has been like 2-3 things form her every few hours. We not longer have any good topics going, it almost like i am forcing a topic or I have to get the ball rolling. She has said she has been busy at work but about after work? However after our first ‘date’ is when all this started. So am I over thinking this? I don’t want to ask and come off as needy but also don’t want to waste my time, if she doesnt like and just wants to be nice. Should i just give it more time ?

laura
    laura
    Participant
    March 5, 2016 at 10:42 pm #95047

Why don’t you ask her out….if she’s not into you and didn’t think there was chemistry, she will make an excuse not to go. If you do go out, you will see how you each feel.
    Texting is so impersonal…you can’t see a person’s expression, or hear the tone of their voice, etc. which helps you understand what is being said…therefore, trying to figure it out is extremely difficult….meet her in person and then you will be able to figure things out better! Good luck!

ScaryTimes
    Participant
    March 7, 2016 at 8:51 am #95085

Thanks, i think i am going to ask her out and if she kind blows it off, I am just going to come out with it. Tell her I really liked talked and meeting her but wanted to know if things are different since meeting. Just put it on the table, better to get it out of than just letting it bug me 24/7.

RickJay57
    Participant
    March 8, 2016 at 4:38 pm #95231

Yeah just get it off your chest man – say hey it was nice meeting with you and I’d like to go out again, but if you’re not into it that’s cool. All you gotta do man – save your dignity. On to the next one.

cartmanthewizard
    Participant
    March 13, 2016 at 5:07 am #95500

Yeah go out on a date with her