Does She Still Want Me Back?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:45 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

patrick051
    Participant
    May 4, 2013 at 8:51 pm #30452

A while back my girlfriend and I went on a break. She almost immediately started seeing another guy, but she still acted like she wanted me back \”at some point in the future.\” Now I screwed up and freaked out and did the stuff you aren\’t supposed to do because I love her so much… it\’s been a while since that though and she\’s acting like she wants me to be her friend she says it a lot and I\’m trying really hard to do it but it\’s immensely painful and I can\’t stop myself from crying in a conversation with her (again something you aren’t supposed to do). I just don’t know what she wants. I love her more than anything and I’d propose to her in a heartbeat if she were mine again. I know what I did wrong in the relationship and I’ve expressed that multiple times and that I want to fix them and I genuinely want to change those things about myself if it means getting her back. I’ll do whatever it takes to get her back I, but I don’t even really know if she wants me back anymore… I screwed up after she started dating someone else and I don’t know if I can fix it but does it sound like she wants to be in a relationship with me again..? If so how can I go about fixing it quickly because they’ve been dating for a while and I’m worried about what’s going to happen… Someone please help me…

Kaley_love
    Kaley_love
    Participant
    May 7, 2013 at 5:05 pm #30580

Ok, whoa. hold on and back up. What did you do after you two broke up? Actually, never mind. not important.

You need to take a deep breath. I’m not sure how long you two were together but if you think proposing to her is the only way to solve this I doubt it must’ve been a long relationship in the first place. That’s a very immature way of thinking you can resolve issues. You have feelings for her and she has them for you too. She went on a rebound to try and stop thinking about you but it’s not working for her. Your attention to detail isn’t helping though. Leave her alone and take a breather. Stop trying to hover over her every move, it’s not attractive (or mature). Leave her alone with her thoughts and you’ll see she’s going to miss you. If she can see you’re taking it well she’ll respect your calm behavior.

Just because you can’t control your emotions doesn’t mean you can’t control your actions.