Does she want to be just friends?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rico
    Participant
    January 17, 2014 at 5:30 pm #46129

Both of us work two full time jobs at different companies.but in the evening we both work part time at the same company,together at times. We both are divorced and have gotten to know each other fairly well and have the same interests/values. I asked her out for a drink and to eat on New Yrs. She accepted we went and had a good time but talked mostly about work. So the following week she asked me to meet up for a drink and again it was a god time but the conversation was more about work again. My question is does she value me more as a friend or is there interest on her part towards me. Been out of the dating scene awhile so not sure how these women think? Thanks

notforreal
    Participant
    January 18, 2014 at 4:30 pm #46132

It’s hard to tell. Ask her out again and suggest to do tsomething else than the ordinary “meeting up for a drink”. If you do something else on your date, e.g. visiting a museum, going to the theatre (depending on your interests) maybe it will be easier to get to know each other on another level.

southfla34
    Participant
    January 18, 2014 at 5:51 pm #46140

I have been out of the dating scene for a while also so not too sure if I can help; however, it sounds like you really haven’t been on a “date” yet. I would ask her out again but to something more intimate than just drinks. Dinner, movie, some type of event that makes it clear that it’s not just going out with a co-worker for drinks.

rico
    Participant
    January 18, 2014 at 7:03 pm #46144

Thanks for the advise. But my question is why would she ask me to go again? (I think she is interested,am I wrong) or is it that she just feels comfortable talking to me about work? She has told me she has a hard time trusting people but feels she can trust me on what we talk about concerning work. I really like her but think she might be the type who is just being overly nice?

Jhouse1986
    Participant
    January 21, 2014 at 9:02 am #46241

Its to hard to tell from that tiny bit of information. Give it a bit longer and see what happens. Its basically a waiting game.

Jordan314
    Participant
    January 21, 2014 at 1:46 pm #46263

Of course she values you more than just coworker, she went out with you on New Year’s for God’s Sake! my advice, STOP talking about work when you’re with her, establish a personal relationship. Get her advice about personal issues. Something she knows about very well. Women like to give advices, they want to take care of people around them. Especially if they know what they’re talking about. Good luck buddy!

bergheim
    Participant
    January 24, 2014 at 12:50 am #46440

Good luck

Hammerhead
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:43 pm #46148

I agree with notforreal! New date that isn’t “meeting for a drink” and new conversation topics to see if there is a deeper connection there