Does this girl like me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Does this girl like me?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:44 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

strudelsnatcher
    Participant
    April 25, 2017 at 6:07 pm #134394
    Does this girl like me?

So in one of my classes there’s this girl who I’m interested in, and I’m wondering if she’s interested in me as well. The class we’re in this semester is the first one we’ve had together—we didn’t know each other until this course—and we’ve gotten along great throughout it, joking around a good deal with one another and whatnot. The main thing that pushed me into the “she likes me” camp is that last week I had to dress up for class (dress shirt, dress pants, dress shoes, belt), and right after she entered the room and took her seat she looked over at me, smiled and said (right in front of her friends) “wow [my name] you look really good, like *really* good.” From there, our class had to go into another room and after going in, rather than sitting with her friends she asked me where I wanted to sit and took a seat right next to me. That’s mainly it, aside from joking around with one another throughout the class period.

Do you think she’s interested in me?

Steestee
    Participant
    April 26, 2017 at 12:12 am #134397

That is a tough call. I wouldn’t jump to conclusions because women tend to communicate interest with their body language rather than with explicit language. Does she play with her hair when speaking to you? Does her body language look open rather than closed (for example, does she face toward you and lean in, or does she cross her arms)? Does she make frequent eye contact or touch your elbow often? These are things you can watch for to figure her out.

Does she regularly make an effort to sit beside you, or was this a one-time experience?

LAGIRL1996
    Participant
    April 26, 2017 at 6:04 am #134419

Yes, she is interested! Just call her and ask for a date!

strudelsnatcher
    Participant
    April 26, 2017 at 8:07 am #134420

That is a tough call. I wouldn’t jump to conclusions because women tend to communicate interest with their body language rather than with explicit language. Does she play with her hair when speaking to you? Does her body language look open rather than closed (for example, does she face toward you and lean in, or does she cross her arms)? Does she make frequent eye contact or touch your elbow often? These are things you can watch for to figure her out.

Does she regularly make an effort to sit beside you, or was this a one-time experience?

We split up into groups in this class earlier and every time our group has formed up she’s been next to me—I suppose it could just be because that was the closest open spot but then again perhaps not.

jlrhind94
    Participant
    April 26, 2017 at 5:50 pm #134531

Idk

jason2828
    Participant
    April 26, 2017 at 9:38 pm #134534

You never know if you don’t try.

jim1174
    Participant
    April 27, 2017 at 4:52 am #134544

you should try

eddieb
    Participant
    April 27, 2017 at 11:52 am #134618

First time poster here. Yeah, she likes you. It’s pretty obvious. Why else would she say she thinks you look “really good” dressed up? As far as “asking her out”, if you’re nervous about asking her out for a straight-up date, you have a built-in “study-date” option since you’re in the same class. You’re already splitting into groups. Just make it a group of two. If she comes alone, it’s a date. If she turns it into a larger group, she may just be flirting.

Add in the part about dressing up and what looks good on you (for the class of course) and you have the perfect segue from “studying” to a true date.

Mr. Priest
    Participant
    April 27, 2017 at 1:55 pm #134647
    Reply To: Does this girl like me?

I believe she likes you and you should try something

Pacmac
    Participant
    April 27, 2017 at 3:00 pm #134660

Sounds like she is showing interest. You should ask her out.

bellemelodieux
    Participant
    April 28, 2017 at 2:34 am #134725

she sounds interested in you. you could either play it out longer and maybe become friends first for a stronger relationship that would last and then become bf/gf. you should give her hints to know that you’re interested in her though as well.

Whitneyelle
    Participant
    April 29, 2017 at 10:38 am #134925

Yea

NfsJake
    NfsJake
    Participant
    May 1, 2017 at 5:10 pm #135056

I think it’s worth a shot.