Does This Mean He's Friendly or Interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lilyvalley
    Participant
    June 1, 2016 at 8:52 pm #101919

There’s this guy whose grandma lives in the same apartments as me and he comes here to see her almost Everyday. He has a gf and has said it but previously he’s mentioned going to eat, caught him staring, random texts/excuses to talk to me like can you check if my grandma is home. So are these the signs? We got into a fight then after a while he saw me again and smiled, stares into my eyes….So we got into an argument when I called him out on the things he’d been doing and he wouldn’t admit to his interest in me. In the past he’s asked subtly like “don’t you have a bf to give you gym advice”. He still comes around everyday and smiled at me when I needed to back out my car. I feel like he’s scared to text me or talk to me now but comes to his grandma’s EVERYDAY…

JarodOner
    JarodOner
    Participant
    June 1, 2016 at 9:25 pm #101920

Are YOU interested?

If you are, then why not ASK HIM out to eat or over for a movie or drink… see what happens when you take control of the satiation rather than wondering.

Definitely keep us posted on this.

lilyvalley
    Participant
    June 1, 2016 at 9:37 pm #101921

so i’m guessing you don’t know

JarodOner
    JarodOner
    Participant
    June 1, 2016 at 11:12 pm #101923

LOL!

See, the problem with people and dating is that they want to GUESS or ASSUME, like what you’re doing instead of TAKING ACTION and cutting through the bullshit and finding out.

That’s the reason I’m saying ASK HIM OUT… because once you do that he’ll either A.) shoot you down, or B.) Accept and you now have a date where you can start vibing with one another and get to know each other better than just a simple text of, “Hey, can you check on my grandmother?”

Make sense?

lilyvalley
    Participant
    June 1, 2016 at 11:43 pm #101928

lol nice Jarod, but I’m not the type to ask him out. I’m an attractive girl and I won’t go after a guy

Andy1144
    Participant
    June 3, 2016 at 10:34 am #102085

Its ok to give up one’s ego, and ask him out, if the other one intuitively is a good person.

lilyvalley
    Participant
    June 3, 2016 at 11:40 am #102093

Andy, from a guy’s perspective does it sound like he’s interested? cause if he is hell eventually do it

matrixlove
    Participant
    June 3, 2016 at 4:31 pm #102130

lol nice Jarod, but I’m not the type to ask him out. I’m an attractive girl and I won’t go after a guy

No matter how fine you are or not, you can still ask him out if you really like this guy.

lilyvalley
    Participant
    June 3, 2016 at 10:34 pm #102136

you guys aren’t answering the qs..

XanderXV
    XanderXV
    Participant
    June 4, 2016 at 11:51 am #102151
    Reply To: Does This Mean He's Friendly or Interested?

These are definitely signs he’s interested. As a hopeless romantic male, I would try whatever I could do talk to this person that I liked, and I wouldn’t try that hard to become friends with someone, even if I found them really, really interesting and cool.
    I hope that answers your question?

lilyvalley
    Participant
    June 4, 2016 at 2:05 pm #102157

It does indeed, thank you so much Xander, now let’s hope he steps up his game and does something about it.

kaze
    Participant
    June 4, 2016 at 4:50 pm #102164

I think you might be reading too much into this. He obviously cares about his grandmother since he’s visiting HER everyday. He told you he has a girlfriend. He’s asked if you’ve found a boyfriend to ask for advice for the gym from….(personally I would read this as “can you stop asking me cause I’m not your bf”). He told you he’s not interested (or wouldn’t admit to having interest as you put it) and you got in a fight about it. I think he’s using you to check on his grandmother end of story. But that’s just my opinion.

lilyvalley
    Participant
    June 4, 2016 at 6:38 pm #102169

It was one conversation about the gym, not like I was consistently asking him about it so you’re wrong there. And he’s always tried to find ways to help me out with studying and cared so much and mentioned going out to eat so yeah no you’re wrong. I also said I’ve caught him secretly looking you explained all the wrong things @kaze

lilyvalley
    Participant
    June 4, 2016 at 6:59 pm #102172

He Also Used To Only Visit her Once A Week Before We Knew Eachother and he’s started dressing up everyday he comes after our fight( a year ago). I told him that he wasn’t up to my standards during the fight and before the fight he always used to be in bbal shorts and t-shirts

Anonymous
    June 5, 2016 at 3:52 pm #102194

Hi! I’m honored that you are interested in my opinion….you may not like my answer though 🙁 Yes….from everything you are saying he is behaving like, he is interestef. In my opinion though, it’s not the important question here. You are the one here who needs to be asking questions to yourself. Why does it matter when he is taken and not available? He is someone not acting in integrity with his current relationship by doing the things he does to attract your attention. RED FLAG! You guys have already gotten into arguments and you are not even together. RED FLAG! It’s seems you guys are playing more games with each other than just being pure and straight up. RED FLAG! Somehow you are turning this guy into something he isn’t. Whatever fantasy you have going on about who he is and why you want him…stop yourself! He may not be physically cheating, but he is emotionally. HE IS NOT AVAILABLE! And what makes you think that he wouldn’t turn around and cheat on you?

1 2